The ever after....

6 years later

Jet lagged after a long flight from The US after attending the International Film Festival where Rehan was honoured for his first directed film, it was an overwhelming proud feeling for Ananya to be a part of his story. Like he promised Armaan years ago that he would direct his first story only when he thinks it moves him and that story to actually be accepted worldwide with so much love made her a more proud wife. Rehan and family flew back the night after the event whereas she stayed back to attend a few international conferences. 

Taking a flight back home, this is a very rare occasion where Ananya had ideal time. Maybe most of us don't really get moments like that. We are always playing some role. Being somebody's somebody. A daughter, a mother, a sister, a professional. There are times we are playing ourselves. But looking back at all this makes me realise how different is our interaction with each person is.(Refer Chapter 1)

One reason for flying back as soon as the conferences were over without taking a break was that she and Rehan had a special interview planned. This was the first time in all these years that Rehan asked her to accompany him for an interview.

She drove directly to the hotel from the airport and was waiting for the elevator, she heard him say "Good Morning Mrs. Kundra."

She turned back to look at him. "Good Morning Mr. Kundra". She smiled at him and kneeled down to hug her two year old toddler. Ahaan. He ran around the massive reception area showing his excitement. Ananya had initially decided to have Ahaan with her during her conference but Rehan insisted her to let him back home with him and have some time to herself. 

"Mom's Back.", the little one said running around and telling everyone. He has his t-shirt and face covered with chocolate that someone from Rehan's team must have given him.

"I missed you.", he said wrapping his little hands around her neck and staining her dress with chocolate. She didn't mind. She hugged him back and kissed him on his cheek. 

"I missed you too. Did dad trouble you?", she said picking him up and walking into the elevator..

"No. Even he missed you.", he said resting his head on her shoulder.

As she passed the corridor, she saw that the interviewers were setting up the place for the interview. On the way she met his stylist who screamed at her in excitement.

"Hi.", she said giving a wide smile. "Rehan is just getting ready."

"Hello. Just getting ready for the past hour until the next one. ", she smiled back at her.

The stylist gave out a laugh.

"I'm so excited that you decided to give this interview with him.",she said

"Really? Why?"

"I get to style you and people get to see my style on you.", she said.

"You are crazy"

"About both of you.", she held her chin on her hands. 'Anyways he has selected the outfit for you. It is kept in the room."

"Thank you. I'll go change." she said and by the time she walked into the room, she realised that Ahaan was already asleep in her arms with his head comfortably resting on her shoulder. 

She held one of her hand at the back of his head and was slowly placing him on the bed when she heard someone walk into the room. He wrapped his hand around her waist and placed his chin on her shoulder. His freshly trimmed stubble rubbed against the side of her neck. 

"Junior Kundra was on a high energy mode since morning and now as soon as you hold him, he slept and is now not ready to leave you.", Rehan said as Ahaan had his little fingers clenched on the sleeve of Ananya's Shirt Dress and refused to let go.

"He has learnt a lot from his father.", she said as she placed him on the bed, covered him with a blanket and placed pillows on either sides.   

"I missed you.", he said 

"It was just two days. Not even two days considering the time difference.", She said as she wrapped her hands around his neck as they walked a bit away from the sleeping Ahaan.

"Still." he said and slowly bought his face near her neck and licked the chocolate that Ahaan had rubbed over her while she held him.

"You are so gross." , She said and the stylist entered the room and Rehan stepped back. 

"And you are so distracting. I mean distracted. I'm here for work OK. Let me concentrate.", He said and she could not stop her laugh. " I have to decide you outfit. Show me.", He turned to the designer who stood by the door awkwardly.

He took half an hour to decide while Ananya waited for him to finalize, to be co ordinated with his ,etc.

His bodyguard stood behind Rehan's chair. Ananya walked upto them and patted on the bodyguard shoulder.

"Are you not bored?", she asked him.

"Ma'am", he said.

"Sit down. He is not going to be done soon."

"No Ma'am It is OK."

"OK go, have some food and come and get some for the stylist also.", she told them.

"Done.", Rehan finally said. "You can go and change", he turned to Ananya.

"Thank you.", she sighed.

"And you, next time knock and come.", he told the stylist after Ananya walked a bit away. "My moment.", he cribbed.

Like a true gentleman, Rehan let his lady lead the way smiling, while he acknowledged the attention from people who stood by the corridor as they walked toward the interview floor. As they stepped out of the elevator, she waited for him to step forward. She effortlessly slipped her hand through his and his arm involuntarily rose up to accommodate hers. They didn't even have to look at each other to be in sync. It was indeed a treat to watch them together. She had her mind running in 10 different things and his was to let her mind wander. He let her sit on the couch and then took a seat on the right.

As both of them were seated on the couch and the interview was just about to start. Ananya had her phone in one hand as she was reading and replying to some mails and her other hand was held by Rehan. He along with the hairdresser were fidgeting with her hair.

"Keep some hair in front", he said pulling it from behind her ear. "No No. Not so much. Keep some behind."

Ananya sat unaffected by the artistic experiment going on on her hair. She started to loose her patience when he eventually didn't stop. 

"Enough. Stop playing with it.", she finally told him.

"Just."

"Enough", she said and he did. But after two minutes he pulled out one strand that was stuck behind her ear. "Sorry."

The interviewer came and the interview started.

(Hello,

Been too long?

I told you I'll come back and here I'm.

More coming up at midnight.)