Chapter 53

Ananya was on her way to the airport to pick up Sarah when she received a call from Vivaan. He asked her to pick up a bouquet of red roses that he had booked for his fiancé. She did as said. She waited for Sarah in the car itself as her flight was delayed by an hour. She researched about case laws pertaining to the client Vivaan had referred. She repeatedly got calls to ask whether the flowers were picked up, whether they are proper etc etc. She also got calls from Sanya reminding her of calling up Rehan and asking him to come over. She and Daniel wanted to see him.

Finally it was time when she saw Sarah step out from the arrivals. Both of them exchanged a warm hug. Both of them were really happy to see each other.

"So flowers for my welcome?" Sarah asked her.

"No yaa. Just picked them up on someone's behalf.",she said.

Sarah turned back a few times to call for someone and tried to stop and talk for a few minutes. Eventually both of them sat in the back seat of the car placing the flowers on the front seat beside the driver.

Moments later Rehan entered the car and gave a smile to both the ladies. He glared at Ananya who stopped in between her loud laugh and looked at Sarah.

"Oh I just met him on the flight.",Sarah said hands up."And he has no one to pick him up. So?",she tried to give an understanding look to Ananya.

"Let's go.",Ananya told the driver and looked outside the window.

"Pretty fresh flowers. You so knew my favorite color was red.",He took the bouquet in his lap and sat ahead.

"Pass it behind.", Ananya took it and placed ot between her and Sarah. Rehan could not stop looking at her. She didn't seem angry but wasn't probably ready for this interaction and so she stayed neutral.

Sarah got excited a few times looking at new restaurants in the city.

"Look! look! that one.  It has the best Italian food. Remember I told you about it.", she exclaimed and looked at Ananya," in the flight.",she lowered and started talking normal things related to the wedding.

"So am I going home?",Rehan asked hoping Ananya would stop him and try and take out a moment to talk to him.

There was silence for minutes.

"Head to Sanya's house.",Ananya spoke and a ray of hope was born inside Rehan. Sarah smiled."Only because Sanya wants to eagerly meet you.", she made herself clear.

They reached Sanya's house and she was the most happy to see Rehan. Rehan also called her in for a hug congratulating the would be bride.

"Now everyone's here.",She smiled wide."Thank you Ananya.",She hugged her.

Ananya handed over the flowers to Vivaan. Rehan caught the moment.

"He is Ananya's best friend from college. He has helped her a lot during her academic times. He is a nice guy and appreciates Ananya's professional growth and supports in fully.", Sarah spoke when she caught Rehan's stare.

"Good.", he simply spoke.

" No they are not a couple. Vivaan is engaged and his meeting his fiancé after a long time.  So Ananya just picked up the flowers for him.",She told him.

He was happy to know that. And also was very convinced with Vivaan personality. Ananya seemed very comfortable and herself with him. She was with Rehan's also but....  But he ruined it, he thought to himself. But he was going to apologize. Not to have her back but to build the trust.

He went ahead to meet her after Vivaan left. She turned back and gave him a small smile and left.

"I'll be back by night.",she told Sarah and Sanya and left for office.