Chapter 41

Ananya honestly didn't want to behave the way she did with Rehan but the room was filled with smoke and she just couldn't take it. She has been trying to control and not let it bother her but after all she was an asthma patient. Too much smoke was not good for her. She started choking. She had decided to calmly tell him all that she spoke in a different tone than decided. But further as he spoke, she didn't like it. She thought he was way too involved with her actions and deeds. Yes she had thought of rethinking about her friendship with him but never had thought to speak that way. She knows he genuinely cares for her but too much of care is also not good. She had not had anything since last evening after her snack in office. She thought she would order food through room service but soon Rehan showed up and then she didn't feel like getting up. She slept till morning telling the hotel staff not to disturb here till morning.

She was sitting in her office and finalising the project as they have to present it tomorrow and then she would go back to New York and sort things out there. She is sitting with her team Aisha included. Aisha has noticed that Ananya has been quite a low on energy since morning and only spoke about work. She received a few calls since morning and she spoke formally to them. However one call bothered her and she announced a 10 minute break soon after that. She called in her personal assistant in and spoke something to her. She even got angry at a few people who showed up late and had their work pending. She mentioned that "she is not in Mumbai forever, nor does she want to.". Aisha found it a bit strange. She knew that she would leave in a few days but didn't want her to go. She had developed more respect and liking for her. Moreover she has seen her friend Rehan become a better person because of her. In the mid of the meeting her assistant came in again with a cheque .Ananya signed it. "Make sure it reaches him", she said while giving her the envelope. The AC of the room suddenly stopped working and due to inconvenience caused and too many people present there everyone moved to the lower floor.

After the day was called off, Ananya called Aisha to her cabin and handed over her phone to her.

"Fully charged.", she said.

"Oh, my phone. How is it with you?", she had almost forgotten about it since she was involved in her work and observing the way Ananya works.

"Ah! Rehan left it last night in my hotel.", she said looking back towards the screen of her laptop.

"I ....I didn't want...", she felt guilty for breaking her promise.

"I know you didn't want to but he must have ...anyways its OK. It's not your fault. We are sorted. It's already 9 pm you can leave and please come a bit early tomorrow if possible. I'm sorry to keep your working pending since noon. I'll do that first tomorrow morning." Ananya said looking very tired and sleepy.

"Oh sure. I think you also need rest. You want me to drop you to the hotel, my driver is on his way?"

"No thank you so much. I will wait for some time. You leave. Bye goodnight."

"But .."

"Goodnight", she said in her bossy tone.

"Bye."

Ananya worked late night. She hardly got anytime to take rest. Next day she was there as early has 7 am. She asked the peon to get her black coffee. Aisha was there by 8 am. Ananya welcomed her with a small smile.

The lower room was occupied by another department today, So they had to continue in the room where the AC was not working. They somehow managed to work. Ananya ordered for the 7th cup of black coffee that evening.

"This is your 7th cup. Stop it now. Instead eat something. One of her colleague told her."

"Please.", she made a puppy face.