Chapter 10

After about an hour, as I was getting ready to go pick up the kids from their last day school and also talking to Sanya informing her that I don't think I would be able to come to Toronto. For whatever they had planned. As even Rehan was here. She told me to get him along. That was certainly not possible. Honestly I was feeling very bad to tell her a "no". I was just explaining things to her when Rehan knocked the door of my room.

"May I?", he asked.

"Yeah sure.", I told him," I'll call you back in sometime", I told Sanya as I hung up the phone.

"I'm really sorry for whatever happened today in the restaurant.", he said with his eyes on the floor and sitting on my bed.

"it's ok. Don't worry I have no questions to ask you regarding that. I'm sure whatever you thought was best at that moment you did. Don't think too much about it.", I told while sitting next to him.

Both of us were staring at the floor. My phone was continuously ringing with Sanya's call, which I was ignoring.

"Why don't you pick it up? Is there a problem?", he asked me.

"Ahh, nothing. I'll just go pick up the kids from school. It's time. I'm sure by the time I'm back Rosy and Tia would be back too."

I took my car keys and left. All along the way back home from school Jason continuously kept asking when is his superman coming and taking him for a vacation. From where do I get a superman now?

On reaching home, I saw Rosy and Tia back with a number of bags filled with all kinds of stuff Daisy bought for the kids. I told Rosy to please make something to eat. I was very hungry, I didn't even have my lunch.

I just sat on the sofa with my eyes closed till the time the kids freshen up and we get something to eat. Within 10 minutes both of them came running to me and hugged me.

"Why didn't you tell us about the vacation on which we are going tomorrow?", Jason asked in a very high tone with his hands folded as if scolding me.

"What vacation?", I asked in a confused tone.

"Yeah, Jason's superman is taking us for a vacation.", Jannes told me.

"Will you'll just stop the superman nonsense for god sake.", I kind of scolded them.

"Why are you shouting at them?", Rehan came out of his room and asked me. "Don't you have to go get your packing done for tomorrow's vacation.", he told me.

"Rehan, don't act like a kid now?", I told him sitting back on the sofa.

Both Jannes and Jason were looking at me. They looked at Rehan and spoke "SUPERMAN" unanimously pointing at him. Rehan kissed both of them on their forehead and told them to go inside.

"Why are you not going to Toronto? Your friends have planned something?", he asked me in a very dominating tone.

I had actually forgot my phone home when I went to pick the kids up. So during that time Sanya called and apparently told Rehan the whole thing and also when kids came back from school, Jannes went and told him Jason's superman vacation thing. And this is what the result is.

"Yaa, but. . . ", he didn't even let me complete my sentence.

"No aats and buts, we all are going and that's it. Come on yaa. Don't be spoil sport.", he told me.

"I'm not a spoil sport. I have not even arranged for the tickets.", I told him.

"Let's drive. A road trip. What say? Even the kids will enjoy?", he asked.