Chapter 69

"Isn't that my wife's ice-cream" , Rehan asked as he walked upto Sarah who was lost in her own thought seated in one corner of the huge banquet looking at her best friend talking to people from Rehan's family like she knew them since forever. She saw her friend being more compassionate, more involved in this than anything else. "Hello Ms Best Friend.", he snapped his fingers in front of her when she didn't respond to his question.

"Sorry. Do you need something?", she repeated the question she has been asking everyone since morning.

"Yes. Your attention.", he said crossing his hand across his chest.

"You just married my friend and flirting with me already. At least wait for some time.", She said mimicking him but there was some downfall in her energy .

"Flirting? Not at all. I was just being a good husband. That's my wife's ice-cream which is now liquid smoothie after going through the tiring process of your deep thought.", He said having a bite or rather a sip of the melted Belgian chocolate.

Sarah just smiled looking down and then her gaze stopped at Ananya. She was now a few steps away from them, talking to her mother. Rehan followed her gaze and eventually both stared at her. Ananya 's mom was certainly not comfortable with Myra's presence and Ananya wanted to make sure that nothing was affected that. She made her smile and then both of them walked towards her father who also stood by certain relatives. She called the photographers.

"Smile both of you.", Ananya said as she stood in between her parents. "Come on smile. This is the best day of my life. Thanks to both of you. ", Her father struggled but eventually did.

He called the photographers again and said, "Can you click just the both of us?" Ananya was walking away allowing a picture to her parents while he stopped her. "A treasured picture of me and my strength. Please." He asked Ananya to wait.

"But you will have to smile wide!", She said holding his hand.

"Eee",he did."Correct?"

"Perfect."

He kissed her forehead and then asked for Rehan. "He is around. But you pose.", She said because she knew.

Sarah and Rehan who stood at a distance laughed at this crazy bride.

"Thank you Rehan. Thank you for making her so happy.", a lump came up in Sarah's throat. "You know her happiness is contagious. She goes crazy when she is happy. But she is very precious when she is not. She is a completely unpredictable human then. And when she tries to show she is strong, it's rubbish. She is bloody scared and scarred. It kills her. It bothers her. She feels bad and you know what she says. 'It's ok. I don't care.", She says rolling her eyes and eventually that tear that formed 5 minutes back rolled down.

"A lot and by that I mean a lot of people have her as THE most important support but there has hardly been anyone who has shown it to her. And I know after today a lot of people will say she has changed or she doesn't have time.", She continued.

"That will not happen.", Rehan assured her.

"Why not? It should happen. I want that to happen. You are someone she is proud to have. And it's mutual.She has made sure that everyone in her life knows what you mean to her. But she is an idiot. She won't say things she feels to you. I just want you to do one thing."

"And that is?"

"Tell her that you know how much she means to you. Tell her even you are proud to have her.Tell her everything. I know these are minor bookish theories but they mean a lot. She has always been that person who stands by everyone always but when comes to realizing her presence it somehow never happens. I don't want that to happen with you. Because you are special. You know what I mean. " , She was falling short of words "You are ..."