Chapter 43

"Rehan",his father called out as he left the dining table post breakfast. There is a rule in their house that if all of them are in town they will atleast have one meal together.Otherwise its difficult to even meet.And as Rehan is mostly late in the night because of work commitments its breakfast now. Even grandpa had joined them today as he had to visit the hospital today for checkup and his father was to accompany him.

He almost gets chills when his father calls him in that tone. Still he managed to say.
"Yes dad." normally.

"These are a lakh of rupees please keep them safe and give it to me when I ask you for it."

"Ok.",He took the money and left.He couldn't argue or say no or ask why nothing at all to his father. The maximum that he answered to any of his question would be Yes,ok,fine or I'll do it.All though today he wanted to tell his father to just keep the money with his mom amd collect it later but he knew his father never spoke money to his mother because he thought she wouldn't get it. It was not like there were money issues but those were his thoughts. He handed over the money to his P.A and left.

"Why did you do that?You were supposed to take that to R.K.",his grandfather asked.

"There will be certain people from R.K going to him and he should handle it.",his father said sipping coffee.

"R.K? You know he doesn't like to get involved in it. Why are you forcing him?",his mother said.

" Because he should.It our family production house. If he doesn't take interest and work for it who will?",his father said.R.K productions was a production company that Rehan's grandfather had started and was running very successfully. But Rehan had made it clear that he was only interested in acting and direction and they should not expect him to actually sit in R.K.  office and do stuff for it. He was always availible for help but didn't want to take it as a responsibility as he thought that would shift his focus from acting and direction. He had however not started direction but he aspires to someday.

Ananya on the other hand has been discharged from the hospital only on the condition that she will take proper rest and not let her mind take unnecessary tension and stress. Her family and friends are also been warned to not let anything major affect her. She is still to recover.

But Ananya has been enjoying being at home doing nothing. This is not what gets to do everyday and since a very long time in her life she has never stopped or taken a pause to think about herself or just let things be.She was the one always upto something. But these are the days she gets up late in the morning and her mother doesn't wake her up before she wants to. So that's a good thing. She is mostly at home. She is happier here than in New York. However away one is from home. Home is home. Nothing can beat that feeling of comfort of doing nothing.

It was Rehan's mother who had come to visit her.  She was an easy person to speak to. She asked her about her health and also her life in New York. They spoke about Rehan's stay there. She told her that she was relieved when she knew he was with her. It was strange for Ananya to hear that but she just smiled as a kind gesture. They had lunch together at her place. Both the mom's had turned good companions. Rehan's mom didn't have an starry attitude of being a star wife or a star mother. Although she herself was a part of the films but left it post marriage. She was always termed veteran. Most of Rehan's behavior is like her. Both of them are hardworking and very down to earth. Also Ananya's mother was a very head over shoulders woman they bonded well. They were having desert when the door bell rang. One of their help got a parcel. Ananya gestured him to give it to her mom,her mom was surprised to see it.

Ananya had planned a short trip for her parents. Her father had told her that it was a bit hectic time for them and so this was like a thank you gift to them.