Chapter 62

The interval went by, it was almost time for the movie to end but Rehan didn't come. Ananya knew that he wouldn't because he doesn't like holding multiple screenings for one movie and that they already had one earlier. She still messaged him.

"It's almost over. Someone was to be back an hour ago.
- Ananya"

She looked back at the screen. Almost 5 minutes passed, he didn't reply. Suddenly in between the movie she saw a glimpse of some of her and Rehan's picture move through the screen. They'd just appear for a minute and go. And her phone beeped.

"Just handle them for half an hour. I'll try to be back soon
-Rehan."

She locked her phone and looked back again on screen and captured one of their goa pics. It would just come in for a minute and go. She asked Aisha who was seated beside her about the pictures and she said that she didn't see anyone other than the people in the movie. She asked a few other people seated on the other side and all of them said that they didn't see any picture of them.

"May be I'm thinking too much of him and about him.", she closed her eyes for a minute and took a deep breath.

The movie finally got over but the lights didn't turn on. The light on the screen also went off. There was pin-drop silence.

"May be there is some technical problem.", Aisha fumbled when Ananya asked her.

Suddenly the screen in front of her lit up and had the words, "ANANYA PLEASE STEP FORWARD." in bold capital on it. A spot light suddenly focused on her. She was shocked about what was happening. Everything was dark except for the light on her and the screen light. She turned to look around and didn't find anyone. There was a soft melody playing in the background. A small girl came to her and asked her to walk with her. She was Jannes. As Ananya stood up to walk down from the top row towards the screen all the people at the theatre stood on either side of the way with the flash on their phone on. They helped her to reach the podium right in front. The small girl ran away. As she walked down, she could now see various pictures of her with Rehan, her family slide through the big screen. She didn't know what was happening. She tried to call out for Aisha, Armaan but no one responded.

" Come on guys. What is this? And stop rolling my pictures. ", she said to the dark room.

"That day..", she finally hears Rehan's voice.

"Rehan?",she turns to search for him."Where are you?"

"That day, I still remember when I was on a location hunt, the one among the thousands present there were you.", his voice echoed in the entire room. "So unsure about how to get away with the crowd and ask for a photograph. But somehow managed and as you reached there we slipped down that place together. That was the first time I saw you.", the clip of that place rolled on the screen. "That fangirl moment. I have seen a many of them, but that one is still my favourite. You bumping into my mom later, and officially becoming my finance advisor. How much you controlled yourself when we had those official meetings. Cut to those most memorable moments in New York, I didn't come to my financial advisor but to one of my best friend. You have not only given me a best friend but these 3 little cuties to fall in love with.", the light focused on Jannes, Jason and Tia. She smiled wide at them and they came towards her. "I found serenity in your company. The emotional support that you gave me at that time in my life ,I'm indebted forever. The fun we had in Washington. My two new buddies Sanya and Sarah have been a gift from you to me. The bond that you share with them is most beautiful. They are so lucky to have you.", Pictures from the vacations rolled. "Knowing me completely, I wonder how you never had questions for me. Having someone in your house for about 4 months is surrendering your trust forever. The want of not hiding this fact from your father when he came over to New York, the love for him, the passion for work, care for the kids, amongst this I don't know when I fell in love with you. The way you convinced me to go back to my family, to keep their happiness and trust alive, made me fall for you even more. I was just in a phase of trusting you completely but you never took advantage of it. Thanks for being my best friend when I was emotionally empty. You didn't tell anyone when you came to India back because you didn't want to worry anyone, but it took a toll on your health but that smile never took a back seat. Your panic attacks still gives me shivers. But your passion for work gives me inspiration. It took me some time to understand you and it happened best in Goa. The first time you became a part of my family function. The way my family loved you and they still do. The way you were adored by them. More than me my grandpa loves you. I'm glad about the age difference you'll have.", he winked." That night when you told me your story, it broke me more than it broke you ever.", A tear dropped from her eye, remembering the goa night when she told him about her real mother Myra, Kabir and the struggle of her father. "You have no idea how devastated I was. But your birthday and our first kiss made it up", She blushed at the mention of that kiss. " I know it was probably the first time you considered the existence of love in your life but the words of my father later that night broke the bubble. And my silence killed the connect. The strength and passion you showed after the Ben episode. The never ending zeal inside you. So much so that even after not supporting you ,you accepted me to be a part of your best friend's wedding. The strength you carried all through Sanya's wedding just to see her happy made me even more guilty about not standing up for you that day. But today I'm as proud as your father is of you. The fact that today my father and I can sit and have a conversation is only because of you. To help a man who had the most bitter things to say about you, you need a beautiful heart. The nervousness I had on Sanya's wedding party night of not meeting you ever still gives me shivers. Thank you for coming up that night and forgiving me. Thank you for being with me for these two years. They have been the best moments of my life. The small efforts that you make to spend time with me, your stupid homely tips for various things, the way you are star struck at every step in a party that you are with me. The way you have accepted everything and everyone in my life. The way you reacted when you came to know about my mom hitching me up with someone else ..", and before he could finish his sentence she slipped her hand through his realising his mom's wishes. But he took it back and kneeled in front of her.

"I agree that I can never get a partner as understanding as you. I can never find a friend as good as you. I can never find a companion as passionate as you. And I don't want a wife who is even an inch different from you. ", She became numb at this statement. "I really want to spend the rest of my life with you travelling the world, experiencing every happiness in the universe. Just to have you by my side every morning when I wake is a dream I want you to help me turn into reality," A lump started to build in her throat. She looked at him continuously without blinking it for a second.

" I know you wanted this for sometime now but you know why those were not the right moments and why this is? Because this is where you fell in love with me. You have been a fan of mine since forever but now can I be your's forever? Marry me Ananya."

She looked at him with moist eyes. It was one of the best moments of her life. "But what about your mom and that girl?.", She asked.

"Can you arrange all my kitty parties from now on? Can you always accompany me to parlour from now on? Can you always be the mediator when I fight with Rehan's dad", the light focused on Rehan's mom kneeling next to him with a packet of Ananya's favorite cookies.

"Can you now officially take care of RK productions and also my production.", Rehan's dad held a RK file and Rehan's picture to her while kneeling on the other side of Rehan.

"Marry him, Ananya", everyone in the room screamed.

She looked at all the 3 of them kneeling in front of her and immediately nodded a yes and tears rolled down.

"Yes?", Rehan said as he continued to kneel.

"Yes.", She said and gave him a tight hug.

"Stop crying.", he said looking at her

"I'm not crying." She said wiping her tears.

"Oh you are not.", he smiled and hugged her again while others in room hooted and whistled.

Rehan's mom came upto them ."I'm sorry for creating all this drama. I just thought it would be fun.", she said and gave Ananya a big hug.

"It was not though for me.", she said smiling at her.

"Congratulations my dear. Welcome to the family. But promise me that you will support me when I and Rehan's mom fight.", his father said.

"I will. Definitely. ",she smiled at him.

"I think I should call up mom.", Ananya told Rehan.

"Oh we are already here.", Both her parents came into light.

"Baba.", she ran to him.

"You said yes without asking me?", he said.

"Huh?", she was confused.

"Oh don't bother the poor girl more.", Rehan's dad told her father.

"I'm joking. We already knew about it. God bless you both.",he said .

"Ok come come come", Rehan said pulling her again to the centre.

He once again kneeled in front of her a removed a long rectangle box .Slowly opened it. It has 5 diamond rings in it.

"Mrs Ananya Kundra.", he said as he opened the box slowly.

"5 rings?", she asked in confusion.

"You said you liked all , Remember in the car."

She laughed at this.

"So you get me all?", she said.

"Yes", he said and slipped one of them after she chose into her finger and gave her a small kiss on her cheek.

"Yaayyy!!!!", Sanya and Sarah screamed from the skype chat they were live on.

(So ,

The place that made Ananya a big fan of Rehan is where he proposes her for marriage. Isn't it the most beautiful thought? The journey from a fan to a friend to a girlfriend and now finally to a life partner.

A new journey begins.

Please share your thoughts on this.

And don't forget to vote, share and comment.

Hit that star down ✌ .)