Chapter 40

As soon as Rehan grabbed Ananya by her waist and pinned her towards the wall, providing her no space to see anything but his face. His perfect face. Those brown eyes, that fair face. His hand left her waist and were settling on the wall behind her. But before that she pushed him hard and stepped far away.

She grabbed something from her bag and went to the washroom. He stood there stunned. Thinking what was that instinct that let him grab her waist and taking her towards the wall. He had never done that to Katherine either. He knew he should not have stepped into Ananya's personal space. But without getting in there how is he going to find out what is going inside her? What is troubling her? She has almost lost her smile. She does smile but it seems forced. She seems not strong. Says not strong because he knows she is not weak. He had to find out.

Ananya stepped out of the bathroom. She placed the towel and a small box on the chair in front of the dressing table and sat on the bed completely ignoring the fact that Rehan was present there.

"Are you pregnant?", he asked in the usual confused tone.

"What?", she said in the most shocked tone. "Are you mad? Do you have any sense of what are you talking?"

"Yaa scenes like these happen in a movie. The girl doesn't tell her family about anything and then one day she goes to the bathroom and comes out with a towel like that. You did the same.", he stepped closer.

"Stay away. And my life is no movie. Get that straight. It's is not a pre written script in which you are suddenly so interested. Please leave me alone. And yes don't think rubbish.", she sits on the bed crossing her leg and resting her head on the back of the bed.

"Ananya don't get upset. I ....I was....I was just concerned.", Rehan said trying to calm her down.

"Why? Why are you concerned?", she said lifting her head again but not wanting to have this conversation.

"Because I want to know what is going on with you. What is bothering you? Why is this change in your behaviour?"

"There is no change. I just want to have some time with myself."

"Which you didn't have in New York? What are you talking Ananya? You were alone there and you come here for space."

"See I'm not here to answer any of your questions. And I don't think you are anyone to ask me these. It has nothing to do with you.", bitch mode pretended.

"See this.". he points out at her. This is not you. But if you are stubborn even I am. I'm not going to leave.", he sat on the sofa right opposite the bed placing his legs on the glass table. He removes a packet of cigarette. He knows this will irritate her and she will try to stop him from smoking going back to the Ananya she was.

"Rehan why are you not leaving? Please I'm not used to people sticking around for so long. Why are you doing this? There has been no one to ask me my problems. Why are you asking me? there has been no one who told me don't worry I'm there? Why are you asking me to tell you my problems and not worry, how will you solve them? I'm ok if people just leave when they don't need me. That's how it has always been and I want it to be that way.", a tear escapes her eyes after a lot of bottling up and holding. But she immediately wipes it. "it's great to have this beautiful relation with you but I don't want to let you in whatever is happening with me, to me, by me., anything. Just stop being a hope to my family, stop being friends with my friends just stop letting everyone know about me. Don't complicate it. Please let me go through this alone."

"So you agree that there is something bothering you? Unlike always."

"Of course, there is. I don't like lying to you. But I don't to.... You know what I mean?"