Chapter 38

Third Person's POV.

It was a sunny April morning and Ananya was in a meeting with her newly formed MumbaI team discussing certain points of the project. It was just about to start when she finds a familiar face among her trainees. Aisha. The girl she met in the party Rehan had kept at her house in New York. She is his best friend. She smiled at her as soon as she remembered her. She continued with her discussion.

Post lunch there was a knock at the door of her cabin.

"Come in", Ananya said but her chair was turned facing the wall. She couldn't see who it was.

"Ma'am.", Aisha called out.

"Aisha.", she turned to look. "Come sit."

"No ma'am. It's OK.", she said formally.

"Why are you being so formal and why ma'am?", Ananya got up from her chair and walked towards the sofa placed in her cabin asking Aisha to join her.

"Because you are my senior.", Aisha spoke with a fear in her eyes.

"First day at office today?", Ananya asked her.

"Yes, but how do you know?", Aisha gets a bit less nervous. Now that she knows that Ananya is not bossy. Though she met her earlier she thought things in office space might be different.

"Because I'm your senior. Just kidding. All of us have gone through this first day excitement, nervousness, fear. It's OK to be scared but not of me. And moreover you have met me earlier."

"Thank you so much. You are really sweet.", she adds on keeping the papers she got on the table.

"Thank you. But your father has his own empire I suppose, then why are you here?", she looked curious.

"I mean yaa dad told me to join his company but I didn't want to do that. There I would be known as his daughter. I wanted to make it on my own but when I came here I thought I made a wrong decision then I saw you and I got even more nervous. I mean I know you as Rehan's friend so it kinda got awkward.", Aisha said.

"It's alright. I'm not here forever but till the time I'm here, you can always come to me and even after that I would do all that I can.", Ananya said. "And here the papers you got for signing. I approve your report. Not because you are a person I know but because it is genuinely commendable. Good job.", she handed over the report Aisha bought.

Kabir further enters her office with his mother and Ananya's face goes pale. She never expected him to reach here also.

"You can carry on.", she told Aisha. Aisha left the room.

Rehan on the other hand has the launch of his upcoming project and is getting geared up for that. He along with other members of his film unveils the trailer and sets the floor open for conversation.

Reporter, "What is that thing that you see before picking up the project? "

"Basically the sincerity with which a person approaches meshes passion and want of making it, if I like that, I pick it up.", Rehan answers.

"So doesn't your co -star matter to you? Like this project its Katherine and you had a special equation with her?"

"You know honestly whatever equation we have with each other it's all behind the sets. All that we come here is to give our 100%, so as long as there are no major fights it's cool.", he says looking at Katherine who is seated right next to him.

"And what about you, Katherine?", the reporter adds.

"Same.as he said.", she said with a fake smile.

"You know this movie is about learning by observing others? Could you tell us one moment like that you have faced?"

"Umm, let me think. OK yaa, so there is this friend of mine who was there with me in my recent times when I was away from the country for a few days and she made me realise that one should not hold on to things a lot. And one shouldn't think of what others will think about you. But that doesn't mean you should not care for people who are close to you. Be your parents, family and friends. Believe and have faith in yourself and follow your heart and to add on beauty isn't about how good you look. It is what is inside you. You could be the most good looking person but if you are not good to others or not true to yourself it doesn't matter", he said with a big smile referring to all that he noticed in Ananya.

"Must be a really special friend I guess. ", the reporter jokes. "May we know the name of this person who taught you so much that when asked for one quality you just listed out so many.", everyone laughs.

"You will come to know soon.", he winks.

Few more question were taken. The team stood up for a quick photo session. He posed for as long as for everyone to get the desired pictures. He even posed with Katherine for that matter. He had no awkwardness or thoughts in his mind. Everything was clear. Thanks to Ananya who helped him achieve this state. The event was over.

3 girls of around 18-20 years walked up to him from among the crowd, as he was going to sit in his car. His bodyguard tried to stop them.

"Just once. Please. Please let us meet him. Just for a minute. Please.", they told the bodyguard. Rehan heard this over.

"Come girls. Come.", he gave his bodyguard that understanding smile.

"Hi Rehan. I love you so much. I can't believe, I'm here. Oh god. you look amazing. You are so cute. I'm your biggest fan.", they kept speaking. One even asked him to marry her.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I love all of you too. But its difficult to get married to all of you. But we can definitely take a picture.", he smiled in the most adorable way. All three girls are blushing and enjoying this fan moment with their favourite star.

They clicked pictures and selfies. One girl kissed him on his cheek while the other hugged him. He was so overwhelmed by this love. They hand him over a card and gift and in return they get the best moment they could ask for when one of them speaks.

"Could you just fulfil one more wish?", she asked.

"Don't ask me for marriage.", he laughed.

"No just look at me and say Jhanvi, I love you and wink. Please.", she said turning red.

He does as asked for. "JhanvI I love you.", and he does his patent wink. His wink is the hottest. They all leave with wide smiles.

Kabir and his mom leave Ananya's office after about an hour. She was disturbed again. They came again asking her for money. She completed her pending work and prepares to leave for the hotel when she spots Aisha just outside her cabin.

"Bye Aisha. See you tomorrow.", she said without a smile because she is really not in a mood to even give a fake smile.

Aisha noticed that there is something wrong with her. May be because of the two people that just came to meet her. She was not too happy to see them either.

As she takes a step back towards Aisha, the noise of her heels got Aisha back from her thoughts.

"Can I just ask you something as a friend? ", she asked Aisha.

"Yaa, Sure."

"Please don't let Rehan know that I'm in Mumbai. Please. It's a request."

"But why?", Aisha is shocked to see this side of her.

"Many reasons. But please.", she said with utmost sincerity and belief that Aisha will understand.

"OK.", Aisha said nothing but gave her a hug.

"Thanks bye."

The reasons basically are she wants to rethink about her friendship with a star and second that she knows that Rehan is close to her parents and if by mistake he comes to know about her being in Mumbai then nothing will stay in his tummy and even her parents will know about it.

(If you like it, you know what to do

Share, Vote and Comment.

Hit that star down.)