Chapter 32

(An update after a really long time. This time it's a long chapter.

So happy reading!!!)

Rehan's POV.

All dressed to go to grandpa's house. It was more than 3 months that I have not met him although we had a few conversations on the phone but still right from the time that I was a toddler, just to sit beside him and listen to him was the purest moment of my life. It didn't happen much after my father bought this new house but I made sure that I never leave him alone for a long time. The longest was when I was in New York for 3 years in film school, I missed him badly.

I checked myself in the full length mirror just outside my walk-in closet and I think I looked perfect for the evening. My grandpa always insisted on a more of gentlemanly attire than casual ones. So I went in for a black tuxedo. For people going out for parties on new year's it would be a bit overdressed attire, but that's what the feature of this celebration is. Everyone uses their best dressing talents. My mom also ditched her dress and went for a saree this evening. She mostly avoids it but for grandpa she could do anything. She was grandpa's favourite daughter-in-law. He called her "forever graceful". My grandfather had an amazing approach towards everything. He could make you feel like the most beautiful person, inside out.

On that note I receive a text from Armaan.

"Already at grandpa's house. Sorry couldn't wait for the amazing drinks. See you soon. Aisha is with me."

Certainly Armaan and Aisha were a part of this celebration because they were more like family. I left my room but came back after 10 minutes. I forgot to take the bag of gifts that Ananya had sent for my family. Although it was from my side to them but each and every bit of it was picked up by Ananya herself.

"So the most handsome man of Kundra family is finally here.", aunt Rima, My father's younger sister said getting up to give a cosy hug. Cosy, I say because she is a bit plum actually more than a bit but she is the most adorable.

"Yeah, finally back to my big fat Indian family.", I said giving her a smile.

All other cousins of mine met me. One of my cousin had bought his would be wife to meet the family. Well this has been a tradition. Not intentional but co-incidental. Every woman who has married a Kundra man has once been for this dinner as a girlfriend or a fiancée. And I'm so glad I never bought Katherine here. For obvious reasons though.

Aisha and Armaan already had their glasses of champagne filled and I don't think they were waiting for me.

"I'll just go see grandpa. Excuse me.", I left the party room.

I went to his room and saw him having dinner.

"Grandpa's prince is here, where is the king?", I said as he wiped his mouth finishing his dinner and his back was facing me.

"King is not going to talk to prince?", he said without turning his wheelchair towards me.

"Not even if he gets him a big box of Ferrero roccher?", my grandpa is a big fan of chocolates but doesn't eat much because of diabetes.

He now turned to me, "and a bigger one for you.", he gave me a bigger box of the same chocolate.

This is like you do something for your elders and you get their blessing that is much more times of what you have given.

"I love you grandpa. I missed you. How is your health?", I say sitting on the bed next to him.

"My health is as good as it should be to eat and drink nice stuff.", he said winking and placing his one hand on my thigh.