Chapter 39

After Ananya left Aisha got back to her desk when she got a call from Rehan asking her about her first day at office. Like any other best friend even he was concerned about her.

"Tell me the address of your office. Me and Armaan are coming to pick you up and then going to celebrate your first job.", he said over the phone.

"It's only my first day. I'll treat you'll when I get my first salary. Promise."

"OK but tell us your office address. We are coming to pick you up."

They reached her office and were waiting outside the gate. Suddenly when reading the name of the company he realized that this is the same company Ananya works for in New York.

Aisha joins them and they go out to chill to a nearby five star restaurant.

"So how was your first day? How many guys fell for you? Or how many you fell for?", Armaan asked as Rehan smiled taking a sip of his coffee.

"None. I go there to work. Not all this.", she answered.

"Oh come on. Don't act like Ananya. I go there to work and not all this.", he tells Aisha. Both Aisha and Armaan look at each other.

"Sorry.", he said realising that he is now too influenced by her.

"Too much you are talking about her since morning.", Armaan teased. "But its true. She only works, how many times I have tried to woo her. No effect. In fact she looks more beautiful not falling for me."

"What's wrong with you Armaan?", both Aisha and Rehan are shocked.

"She beautiful, hot and smart. She is the complete package to take..."

"To take where?", Rehan gets angry.

"Umm.to take as a friend.", Armaan's scared.

"Better."

"But you are a lucky guy Rehan. Staying with her for so many days. You must have had a gala time."

"Just shut up Armaan. And don't you think of her in anyway. And yes I'm very lucky to have her as a friend. but..", he stops, gets up keeps the money for the bill and leaves.

Aisha follows. Armaan still confused. He was just admiring his friend's friend. Why did Rehan get angry? Even he respects and adores her. He was supposed to say take her to parents and parties both. What did Rehan think?

"Wait, reh, wait.", Aisha runs behind him.

"Aisha please."

"What please, what's wrong? What wrong did Armaan say? Why are you angry?"

"What's not wrong? He is asking to take my best friend to the bedroom probably and you are asking what's wrong?"

"Rehan chill. I'm sure he didn't mean that. You didn't even let him complete his sentence. You are just assuming that he would say that."

Ananya always warned me before assuming anything, Please listen. This what Rehan thought to himself.

"OK, listen will you call up your office branch in New York and find out if Ananya is there?", Rehan finds a way to confirm that she is OK there.

"Whh....aaat, New York. Why?", she asked.

"Because I heard her talking to her parents that day and I sensed that there is something wrong and it's not only me but also her mother who is worried. Please.", Aisha was right something is wrong. But she promised Ananya not to tell Rehan anything.

"Look, it was my first day today. I can't just keep calling people of other branches to stalk them.", she said.

"Aisha yaa. OK just dial I'll talk."