Chapter 48

"She looked absolutely beautiful."
"She stole the show today."
"She was at her elegant best."
"The white and purple saree made her look divine."

These were things Rehan heard after he came back in the late afternoon, early evening to the farmhouse. Everyone just couldn't stop admiring "her",as the guest said.He was so sure that his mother wore a saree and he went straight to admire the most beautiful woman he knows.

"And I hear a lot of compliments for my beautiful mom.",He said as he entered the room where his mom,grandfather and a few aunts were seated.

"Thanks dear.",She said to him as he sat beside her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"But why did you change from the white and purple saree. You know you look best in them.",He said.

"Saree?  White and purple? What? ",Rehan's mom looked confused but others in the room understood that everyone out there were talking about Ananya.

"Yaa. That's what I hear people say out. She looked beautiful, divine,elegant etc.",He is also confused.

"Oh that was about your girl Ananya. Today she gave a run to your mother in terms of elegance.",Aunt Rima told Rehan.

"Ananya? Really? So everyone was talking about her? Really?",Even he wanted to see her now. NOW.Something inside him told him to run to her.

"So what are you waiting for. Go see her. Otherwise I'm in competition to you.",His grandfather told him. He didn't know what to do or say. This is the first time that the entire family got fond of someone so much. He knew Ananya was nice but didn't know she had this effect on his people.

"Aisha has taken her out to the parlor.",Armaan told Rehan when asked about where Ananya was. "But you know bro she  looked superb. Like I just couldn't take my eyes off her. Sad you missed it.",Armaan said and left. Rehan stood there trying to calm himself and not punch Armaan in the face. He tried calling Aisha but she didn't pick up.

He was restless. He wanted to see Ananya.  Just see her.It was almost time for the evening party. All the guest have started to arrive. He was dressed in a black tuxedo with white shirt. Hair perfectly gelled. He looked the best gentleman in the hall but still was restless to see Ananya. He hated Aisha for taking her. Also his father had not arrived. He said he was busy in work but promised to come by today morning but when he didn't turn up he again promised to be there in the evening. He attended the guest. Looked after everything but his eyes immediately freezed when he saw Ananya in a beautiful floor length frilled Red gown. Her hair tied up in a pretty bun she looked no less than the girl of his dreams. She accompanied his grandfather as he himself was busy in other stuff. Very soon he realised that he was frozen at the same place since the time Ananya walked in with grandpa.

" She is taking all my limelight away.",His mom told him while he still stood and stared."But honestly I don't mind.",She smiled at him. He did nothing but smiled back.

"Go and meet her. You are waiting since you came back. Tell her what you think of how beautiful she is. Tell her how much you admire her. Tell her you can take your eyes off her. Tell her you lo..",He stepped towards Ananya before his mother and aunt could complete their sentence. She stood there smiling at the cuteness of her son. She adored the pair.

Ananya looked at him as he came to her. Grandpa got excited but took a step in opposite direction to give them a moment and Ananya followed but Rehan immediately caught her wrist and stopped her.Grandpa immediately turned to look at them.She turned and looked back at him. She found a small smile on his face. He looked pitch perfect. But there was something that he was happy about that she didn't get but he was glowing. All eyes turned towards both of them and knowing how much attention Ananya likes she became conscious and looked around. He understood her consciousness and left her hand. She blinked her eyes as a sign a sign of thank you and joined Grandpa back but he brought them face to face again.

"Can't decide who looks better today. But I guess you'll look best together. ",He said to both of them.

"But I think you are the limelight of today. Birthday boy.",Ananya told grandpa and Rehan seconded.

Rehan's mom also joined and complimented both of them.

"It isn't their wedding reception. ",Armaan said jokingly but he also didn't like more and more people complimenting both of them together. He didn't hate anyone but just didn't like it.Rehan although was not happy with the way Armaan put that statement forward.

"He is right.",Ananya said and left. She joined  Aisha and the other girls.

Both Armaan and Rehan went to prepare for a small suprise they planned for grandpa.

"Attention everyone. Welcome to lovely evening with some really lovely people.",Rehan said looking at Ananya who stood by the table smiling although he was addressing everyone at the party"It is indeed a day for the celebration of my favorite person. He is someone who has a major contribution in what I'm as a person, in how I behave, act and everything I do. He is everyone's favorite but I'm glad that I'm his favourite. You are not only a grandfather for me but my best friend, mentor, partner in crime. You are the world to me. The way you are happy in small things, the way you appreciate each and everything you have, your dedication, your stories, your poems, your philosophy. The charmer that you are even today,makes me jealous.  Every girl I try on is already impressed by him. But still I'm waiting for the one you have told me. Thank you for being a major part of lives and giving us everything. Mom's favorite, my mentor and dad's strength.  Happy birthday grandpa. ",He concluded his speech with a beautiful song that Armaan had composed and sang. And he enacted.
Both their sync was at the point. It made everyone nostalgic and emotional. Grandpa couldn't stop his tears and Rehan immediately hugged him. It was a beautiful moment. Ananya loved the bonding between the family. She loved how much grandpa and Rehan loved each other.

By the end of this Rehan's father came. Everyone was asking him where he was,  so he said he was around only looking after the arrangements. Rehan heard but chose to ignore. He knew that his father always kept his professional stuff above family. It happened all through his childhood. One of the reasons he didn't want to be part of R.K.productions.

Although Rehan chose to ignore it,Ananya didn't find it correct. She thought Rehan was not given his due for the evening. She thought he deserves every praise and compliment for the perfect evening he arranged. She thought of talking to him about it. But she was glad that Grandpa appreciated his act. Although there was no doubt on that but still. She loved the song that Armaan sang and Rehan enacted on. She thought they made a perfect pair. The cold war between them should end now, she thought.

Also she went back to the moment when she caught Rehan staring at her for about 10 mins and smiling. She loved the way he looked at her.

After the party she thought of talking to Rehan but couldn't find him. She asked Aisha, she didn't know and Armaan was not interested to tell her. Infact he told her not to bother about him.

She still went in search of him.

(Absolutely sorry for the late update.

But I hope you like it.

That freezed moment when you can't stop looking at the person you love or are falling for. That pittesh feeling in the stomach.  That anxiety, nervousness yet loved emotion. Isn't it amazing?Time just stops. Everything is beautiful.

Ever felt that way?If yes do let me know in the comments below and if not, wait for the right time.  It is on its way.

Don't forget to vote, share and comment.

Hit that star down ✌)

P.s Ananya's dress in media section.