Chapter 42

Ananya was hospitalised last evening. She was given anesthesia and was still under its effect. Its 10 in the morning and her mom and Aisha haven't stepped out of the hospital. Armaan had to leave for some urgent work but he said he would come back as early as possible. The doctor confirmed that she would be awake in few hours. She still had a lot of weakness and needed time to get her strength and stamina back. She may look completely fine in a few days but was weak inside.

Ananya's mother tells Aisha to go and take some rest but she denied although subsequently left to freshen up. She said she would come back soon. The M.D informed the concerned people in New York about Ananya's health.

Aisha went straight to Rehan's house. On her way up to his bedroom she found his parents in the living room.

"Good morning Aisha." His mother said.

"Morning. Where is Rehan?" Aisha asked.

"Where else? In his room. He came an hour back and said would be leaving soon.", But he left the hospital last night? Where was he?

"Ok.", She walked towards his room.

She reached his bedroom to find him in front of his full length mirror getting ready. He was fidgeting with his hair.

"No office today? Please leave you'll be late.", He turns to tell her.

"Rehan", Aisha looks at him in a shock.

"Yes, why are you so shocked. Anyways, bye I have to head for promotions. Meet you later. "

"Rehan. Why are you behaving as if everything is normal? "

"Because it is. What's different?", He said searching for his wallet.

"Rehan ,Ananya is hospitalized and you are so cool with it."

"Oh so here you are. Talking as her personal assistant and not my friend.", he told her.

"What? What is wrong with you? I'm here because I'm your friend. "

"Wrong. You are here because Ananya is your boss and you think whatever happened to her is because of me."

"Whatever happened to whom?", Rehan's mom is by the door.

"Oh not again. Another fan of Ananya. Ok so Ananya is hospitalised and her this condition is because of me. This is what her personal assistant thinks. "

"Rehannnn", Aisha threw a big pillow at him.

"Damn you Aisha. You are gone wild. ", he threw it back.

"Stop it you both. Stop" ,she said as trying to stop both of them fighting like siblings.

"So where are you going now? To meet her?", his mother asked.

"No. Why will I go? I'm going for work. Bye. Bye assistant. ", he turned towards Aisha.

"What is wrong with him? Days back he couldn't stop talking about her like how wonderful person she is and stuff", his mother said after he left.

"Exactly."

"Anyways how is she now?"

"Still unconscious. "

"Ok. I'll come to visit her soon. "

Aisha left.

"I don't understand why Aisha and you are behind Rehan to get concerned about that girl. She was a mere fan. Why are you'll getting so bothered.", Rehan's father passing by the corridor.

Ananya gained consciousness and first finds her Mom in front of her. She gives a weak smile to her. The doctor is yet checking her.

"Where is Baba?", she asked after the doctor leaves.