Chapter 7

As and when both of us settled in our seats all ready to take off, I could see David a bit sad. I asked him what the reason was. He told me that he had to leave his wife Daisy back to pursue this. He had a plan of first going and settling and then calling his family over. He also had a 2 year old son. I assured him that everything he was doing was for the betterment and bright future of Daisy and the child. Quite a few moments later he was OK and thanked me for the support.

"What are friends for?", I smiled at him.

Daisy and David were like chalk and cheese when they first met each other. Total opposite but arranged into a marriage. Initially they couldn't even stand each other for a moment. I have actually seen both these actually becoming soulmates from just being each other's worst enemy ever.

Long hours in flight were boring, but the moment I stepped out of the plane, it felt as if this place was just waiting for me to come. The different smell, the different air really welcomed me with open arms.

We were lead towards our apartments. They were in the same building one below the other. It was a small apartment but was enough for me. It was cozy but most importantly it was mine.

I came home. How proud I feel to call this my house even though it was office accommodation. Very soon I will buy a home of my own in my dream city New York.

The first thing I did was call up my parents. I knew they would be very worried. I assured them that I was OK and there was nothing to worry.

Once I switched on my phone, a large number of missed calls and messages asking me whether I reached properly delivered. I told everyone about my house and everything that was around.

Joined office, was working in New York. Yes the work space is different, the work style is different but there is always new things to learn. The people in my office were really cool. A number of Indians were also a part of my department.

It was a bit new for me to handle my new home. Running a home alone in a new city is very difficult. Have to take care of little things. Going to work in the day and then coming back and doing all the house chores were difficult. But I was learning. Learning to be even more independent than I was earlier. It was fun. I'm loving my life.

The one thing that I'm still waiting is to it to snow. The last time I had seen a snowfall was when I was a year and half in Kashmir and I obviously don't remember anything about it.

Walking through Times Square every day was so much fun. The spirit of these people to live and live life to the fullest is just commendable. Open roads, cool people, independent life, amazing friends, this is what I had always been wanting. Life's great.

It was just another day in office and I get a call from Sid.

"Ahaan this is the time he is getting to call back.", I thought to myself. I have been trying to call him since the time I moved to New York. But no answer.

"Hello, the person you are trying to call is currently busy. Please try again later.", I spoke picking up the call.

"Come on. I'm sorry was really busy these days.", he said.

"Yaa i know how busy you are, anyways its OK, tell me when are we meeting?", My anger evaporates in seconds.

"Just called you up regarding this only. We are in New York only. When are you free?"

"Tomorrow 8 dinner, what's say?"

"Cool then. I'll text you the venue."

"Sure, Bye", I hung up.