Chapter 34

After a weekend holiday for New Year's and practically doing nothing due to financial crunch, it's time to get back to work on Monday morning.

The few things that happened before Monday were

-I spoke to Rehan's grandfather on New Year's Eve and also had a small glimpse of his family celebration, of course in the background.

-Discovered that he doesn't listen to many people. Well one thing I know is that he doesn't even talk to many people when it comes to himself but is very eager to know what is going on in the other person's life. He has 20 times asked me who is Kabir and every time I have managed to dodge the question.

-Other thing that I came to know is that Jannes really feels happy around Rehan. She really likes him. She has also called him the most handsome man that she has ever seen, not that she has seen many but yes.

-Also there is sad news that Sid has decided to permanently shift to India. Their divorce case is finalized. It says that Tia will stay will Lauren considering she is very small, which her mother didn't think when she just left her with me and Jannes and Jason will be with Sid because this is the decision that they had to take and I'm proud they took a correct decision. However Lauren has full rights to meet them whenever she feels to. I wonder if this right matters after a bombshell of alimony she has charged my brother with. History is repeating itself. And obviously Sid needs help with kids so he has decided to go back to Mumbai. At least there uncle aunty and other family members are there to support him. He definitely needs someone who understands his unspoken feelings which I can but it's practically not possible for me also moreover because of my fluctuating job and inflow of finance. I think he has taken a correct decision.

Coming back to today, Monday. I have been told that the conference has been shifted to our office auditorium which means we will be the host for the event. I had to reach office before the allotted time to fulfil excess responsibilities as a representative of the host company.

As soon as all the preparation were done, I take my pen drive out of my bag and went to the dais and connect it to the system to start my presentation and later on discuss the project. One of my subordinate came up to me and said that all the people have arrived except one gentleman who will be an hour late so we shouldn't wait for him and start.

I adjusted my mike and start with the presentation, "Good morning ladies and gentlemen, this is Ananya Singhania on behalf of my company welcoming you all today. We will start off with analysing the scope of market in the new areas, discuss a few topics and then enter and analyse the risks.........", and I go on for about 2 hours explaining, presenting and answering questions.

"and this is the major risk that...", as I was about to finish the door slams open with a man in grey suit enters. I no longer feel that he is "the gentleman " we were waiting for but unfortunately he is.

"Please welcome Mr. We were talking about risks and issues and here we welcome you.", I speak with a grin and kind of attitude on my face. He takes his seat on the fourth chair on the right. We finish our discussion about 15 minutes after the entry of "the gentleman". I greet everyone a warm goodbye and Thank you. As I reach this man, "Thank you Mr. Kabir for making us feel your warm presence.", I tell him and move on to the next lady.

Yes the person and the Indian organization we were collaborating was Kabir's. I mean why do I have to face such situation. I met him near my house and I hoped he didn't come up with something personal so he found a professional way out. Somehow I managed to control my feelings throughout the meeting. I didn't let his presence draw a single line of confusion or irritation on my forehead, but yes I was totally distracted. I just wanted to leave that room and go puke in the bathroom after seeing his face.