Chapter 29

Rehan's POV.

It was Christmas eve. The whole city was lit up beautifully. I remember my filmmaking school days. We would go out to make short films for our projects. New York is one of the most beautiful city during Christmas. I have been brought up in a protective environment in a posh locality of Mumbai. All amenities and luxuries at my doorstep. Everything that I had my finger on was mine the next moment.

There are moments when I see Ananya wanting things to be done according to her way with so much analysis, I feel I'm so privileged to have my parents and family providing me everything. It's not that Ananya is not from a well to do family but she still has a better outlook and a different vision towards things. OK so back to my days in New York. As I was saying they were fantastic. That is when I knew what it is to stay alone. What is it to have responsibility? But I never had thoughts of having it all my life. I wanted to go back to my family. I wanted to stay with them. I don't know how Ananya has taken this step forward. But I'm really proud and happy for her. She really is a strong girl.

"I know some of the most amazing places to visit on Christmas eve.", I said.

"Great you guys should carry on.", Ananya's father said.

"No why, we all should go. You haven't had a look around the place anyways. Being here for this short time I'm telling you it's beautiful and Rehan will add on as he stayed here for 3 years.", Ananya comes with a medicines in her hand.

"Really?", he questions.

"Yes. Filmmaking school."

"Open your mouth. fast.", Ananya orders. "Water", she hands him over the glass of water. "You have not taken this medicine last week. I come to know everything. This packet should have been over.", she scolds him walking back to the kitchen to keep the glass.

"I did. This is the new one.", he said. Sid enters.

"Here is the new one.", she picks up a different packet from the box of medicines. "Don't lie to me Baba.", she raises her eyebrows.

"Medicine fight?", Sid asks whispering in my ears.

I nod my head.

"Now see she'll reach the hospital.", he makes fun of his sister.

"Don't you know you have to take it on time. You eat all stupid things that you are not supposed to and then you don't even take your medicines on time. Do you want to get admitted to the hospital?", Sid's astrology came true.

"Dude.", I look at him.

"This happens since the day uncle has got diabetes and Ananya behaves as if it is cancer. He has a tough time with his daughter.", she really cares for him. I don't even know my father's doctor's name. I know he takes some medicine, but which and for what? I don't know.

"Ananya all this happens in this age. It's not a big deal."

"Don't you call my father old OK. He is the most fit and young man.", she turns around placing the box of medicines on her Baba's lap.

Sid bursts out laughing as soon as Ananya gets into her room.

"Stop it Sid.", Ananya's father says.

"She will never stop.", Sid and uncle start smiling.

"So we were planning to go out today evening. Join us.", I tell Sid.

"Why are you and Ananya trying to have people stick along on a possible date?", Her father says joining us on the dinning table.

"Date?", I don't believe this.