Chapter 68

With a pool of people dressed in their traditional best waiting for him, Rehan entered the beautifully decorated wedding venue. Friends and family waited for him. The smell of fresh flowers filled the air. Everyone smiled at him. He was the most important person in the room at the moment but he couldn't wait for his most important person to come. He saw Sarah with Ananya's mom who smiled at her daughter's groom. Sanya was missing. She may be with Ananya. Within moments even she came down and joined everyone along with her husband. Everyone he knew surrounded him. But his impatience and excitement wanted to see the bride. He knew that there was still time for her to come. Until then he carried out every ritual with complete sincerity and passion. He was finally asked to get to the mandap. His parents joined him on his either side and Grandpa waited behind. Aisha and Armaan stood by.

Amidst chaos and noise he saw her walking down the stairs right in the middle of the hall with a melodious music playing in the background. Everyone somehow kept quite. Everyone's gaze stopped at her. The wedding photographers rushed towards her to capture the moment. It was early in the morning and she beautifully metaphored the rays of the sun coming down at the time of the day.She walked under the shadow of flowers held by Sarah, Sanya, Vivaan and Sid. She was smiling the widest. Occasionally she acknowledged a few people who smiled at her by waving her hand or just blushing a little more. She was hardly nervous unlike him. He had a shy little smile while her face bloomed with happiness. There was a happy feeling that reflected in her eye. Rehan observed all this until she looked at him. While walking down Vivaan whispered something into her ear to which she widened her eyes to him and he probably further teased her pointing towards Rehan. And that's when she looked at him. After that he didn't know what happened. He didn't realise when she came and stood in front of him till she slowly kicked his leg and raised her eyebrow.

With gitters still in her stomach, Ananya walked down. The number of people in the hall were huge. She saw Rehan's gaze stuck at her all through her walk downstairs. He didn't blink his eyes or moved a bit. He didn't look nervous unlike what Aisha told her upstairs. He refused to react even when he she stood in front of him. She slightly kicked his feet and looked around.

He sighed and smiled at her. She placed two of her fingers on her lips and blew air asking if he was done with puffing his dose. He slightly nodded a no. Her widened smile grew little and she let out a sigh asking him to do the same to get over his nervousness now that she is here.

"Do inform us when you'll are done with your lovely silent conversation. We may proceed to make you both man and wife. But no hurry.", Grandpa said while both of them were having a conversation of their own. "We have all day.", he said crossing his arms in the wheelchair.

Everyone stood around them. The flower garlands were exchanged. They sat down to take the vows. Ananya father was called ahead. He walked towards them and sat beside his daughter. Just before the vows started Rehan called out. "Aren't we missing out on something?"

Everyone looked at him confused. Sarah and Aisha asked if there was something he left in the room. He said no.

"What is it Rehan?", Ananya asked.

"You really don't remember? Not even you mom", He asked Ananya's mom. She was a bit scared and slightly nodded her head. He smiled and gestured Armaan to get it. Armaan came forward with a box of chocolates.

"Before starting anything new or important you must have a chocolate.", he said and picked up one of Ananya's favorite and fed her. Everyone let out a sigh. "I thought you'll get one for me like you always do."

Even she picked up one and fed him "And will always do.", She smiled.

Ananya's father smiled at how beautiful his daughter's relationship with her husband is but he was still grasping the fact that he was going to give away his daughter to him. His hands shook as he placed Ananya's hand over Rehan's. Ananya sensed the parting feeling inside her father. From lovingly smiling to her husband to giving strength to her father  she realised the additional roles she'll have to play from now on. He looked smiling at the couple. The change of expression on both the Father-Daughter was not missed by Rehan. He slowly placed one of his hand on his father in law's hand and said "She'll always first be your daughter. She'll always love you a little more than me. You'll always remain as important as today for her. Not only for her but also for me Baba." Rehan didn't know how happy these words made Ananya. The vows were taken and they were officially man and wife.