O P H I O M O R M O U S

{Snake-like}

✧✦✧

"Ames, get your nose out of that book and get ready." Jaz ripped my book out of my hands and placed it down on my bedside table before heading back into our bathroom to finish her make up.

Parties were always the least of my worries, it was just an escape from the lives we were all living. An excuse to get drunk, rub up against each other and have a wicked hang over the next day. Everyone in our group enjoyed parties, everyone but me, who didn't see the point. I was the one person in what seemed like the entire school who wasn't effected by alcohol in the slightest. I could take ten shots and still be able to walk in a straight line. 

This was where the weed came in. 

After realising that I wasn't effected by alcohol like the others, I had become rather fond of the effects of the muggle herb. It was the perfect hide away, the perfect distraction. Crabbe and Goyle were the only other two who would do it with me, sometimes Malfoy would join in, but he wasn't that much fun when he was high.

I huffed as I got out of my bed and wondered over to my wardrobe, my neatly put away clothes crowded the cupboard, filling every inch of space there was. I had picked out a silky, skin tight black dress which went to my mid-thigh. It was very plain, rather basic, but I didn't care, I found it hard to care about things that didn't make much sense to me. The plain and boring was never truly intriguing, the weird and mysterious was what really caught my attention.

"Can I do your hair Ames?" Blaire asked excitedly as she held a burning hot straightener in her hands.

"Alright." I replied simply. Some times, Blaire's energy would be too much for me to handle. She could literally bounce off the walls with the amount of enthusiasm she had.

She pulled me into our shared bathroom and began to put my hair into different parts while she straightened my usually wavy hair. The honey brown colour of my unruly waves went well with the smokey eye-liner I began to put on. Jasmine was behind Blaire and I while she brushed her teeth and stared at herself in the mirror, examining her coloured strands of hair against the black strands. 

I sat in the bathroom, getting my hair done, for nearly half an hour. The party had already started and the girls were rather eager to go down and start drinking. 

"Just go, I'll be down in a few minutes." I yelled from the bathroom as I placed on the final touches.

"Are you sure Ames?" Jasmine yelled from her bed.

"Go." I practically ordered. I could tell that they were thinking I wouldn't come down, that they wanted to drag me down there to make sure I enjoyed myself and wasn't stuck in our dorm, moping about, being sad about leaving my baby sister.

As I heard the door to our dorm open and close, I let out a small sigh. Being back at Hogwarts was always stressful, the amount of stress and negativity people carried around with them never failed to tire me out. After taking another deep breath, I grabbed my perfume and placed a couple of sprits on my wrists, neck, chest and a small amount behind my ears, before slowly making my way out of the dorm.

The music was blaring as soon as I stepped out of the door, flashes of green light illuminated the dark corridors of the girls dorms. I walked down to the common room in my converse, if you wore heels to a party, you were basically asking for death. The bass got louder as I stood in the doorway, I crossed my arms as I watched the amount of students in front of me, dancing against each other, drinking, screaming the lyrics to the song that played. I stood there, unamused, wishing I had of declined the invitation.