Y O N D E R L Y

{Mentally or emotionally distant; absent minded}

✧✦✧ 

~Draco~

I was sure we didn't hear what we thought we did.

I was sure she didn't say that.

But the scene played out in front of me on a continuous loop as we walked back to the common room. Her voice sounded vicious like it was filled to the brim with venom. The way she held her wand to Weasley's throat—as if she was on the brink of stunning him. Did I do that to her? I didn't mean to do that to her. I didn't mean to push her so far. She was someone she was never supposed to be. She had changed, I could tell she was a shell, she barely tried to hide it.

My eyes were darting around the corridors as I tried to pinpoint what had happened. As soon as she turned to Luis, it was like a switch inside her clicked and she realised what she had said. She ran off, Luis was trying to follow her, running ahead of us all who started walking along after Potter had walked off. None of us could say anything, we were all undeniably confused.

I sat on the couch closest to the fireplace as we didn't bother to go to lunch. I thought of how I hit her with a stinging jinx. I never wanted to hurt her, she was already hurt. I could see it, I knew she regretted her choice, but she wouldn't change it. Little did she know that I would do anything to have her back in my arms on our hill. I would do anything to have her close to me. I would do anything if it meant I could breathe again. 

We all sat there in silence while Luis went up to check on her. I tried not to let my thoughts consume me completely, but it was hard. I blamed myself for letting it happen. I blamed myself for everything that happened over the past week. I was the reason why she ran off and got high, I was the reason she wouldn't leave her dorm. She couldn't even look at me during breakfast, or when we stood across from each other before a fucking duel.

I had ruined her, and I never wanted nor intended to. But I still somehow did. 

"You know it's your fault, don't you?" Lock spat directly at me, her arms crossed over her chest as she sat on the couch opposite me.

My brows furrowed, "What are you trying to insinuate, Lock?" 

She let out a hollow scoff as she leaned forward, "We all know what you did, Draco. Kissing Greengrass-"

"I didn't kiss her-"

"And you've just gone and jinxed her twice. She really fucking liked you, you know?" She stood up, I could feel her anger radiating off her, "You are the reason why she's fucking depressed, why she runs off to the bathroom any chance she can get. You destroyed her-"

"Jaz, calm down," Flint took a hold of her wrist and pulled her back down.

"I hope you're happy," She spoke through gritted teeth before she finally relaxed.

I wasn't happy, couldn't she see that I clearly wasn't happy. Why would I intentionally try to ruin her, let alone destroy her? My fists clenched tightly together over and over and over again, I tried to breathe, but it was hard. She wasn't there, I couldn't breathe when she wasn't there. 

Luis came back into the common room with an exaggerated sigh, "She's in the shower—said she didn't have enough time to shower before breakfast." He spoke with a tone of caution.

The three on the opposite couch sat up almost instantly, while my brows furrowed in complete confusion. It was just a shower, why were their eyes filled with caution and worry as he mentioned it?