P A R A P R O S E X I A

{A constant distraction}

✧✦✧

He was in my head, on a constant replay the entire night. I could hardly sleep without seeing him, without feeling his lips on my skin. It was difficult to concentrate when all I could think and feel was him. But I needed to remain strong, because there was no place for the weak in the world we lived in. 

I was walking up to the owlery when the memory hit me again, how his heat emitted through his skin and onto mine, how his nails created crescent moon dents in my skin, the thought brought both heat to my cheeks and in between my legs. I needed to stop thinking about it, about him. I needed something else, something to distract me from the constant replay in my head.

"Oh, hey Luis," I smiled as I reached the top of the stairs, the thoughts instantly vanished from the forefront of my mind. 

I needed to be careful with the thoughts that would carelessly float around in the front of my mind, after realising that Malfoy could use the same trick as Snape, I needed to occlude more and more. My walls were constantly up, I was constantly maintaining the steel which held everything back. I didn't need, nor want anyone to see what was going on in my head, that was no one's business but mine. 

He turned abruptly as he sent his owl off, "Hey, Ames." He smiled, "What are you doing here?" He flustered.

I narrowed my brows and let out a dry laugh, "It's the owlery, dumbass, I'm sending a letter back home." I shook my head as I walked over to my owl.

After petting her, I slipped the letters into her beak before sending her off with a sigh. I watched as her black feathers disappeared into the dark clouds, the autumn weather was definitely becoming more and more prominent, and I had never been more grateful. The dark clouds signalled the mysteriousness throughout the day, they made everyone question their decisions. Wondering if they should wear a coat or not, wondering if it were going to rain. The cloudy days were always intriguing in my mind.

I felt Luis wrap his arms around my waist and rest his chin on my shoulder. He swayed us side to side for a little while until he decided to speak, "Still don't know where you're parents went?" 

I let out a breath and shook my head, "They haven't left since she was born, Luis. I thought they were over that, I thought they actually cared for Opal." 

"It must be something important if they're leaving her with Narcissa," He thought out loud before placing a kiss on my cheek, "Come on, let's go get lunch," He smiled as he took my hand and lead me down the stairs. 

I kept my jumper close to my skin as the autumn breeze blew quickly into our faces. Luis wrapped an arm around my shoulder to keep me warm, hugging me close to his body as we waddled back to the castle. I had to stop my mind from wandering back to the night before constantly, Luis' warmth only reminded me of his. The way Luis dropped his arm from my shoulder and brought me closer by guiding my hip, reminded me of the slightly painful crescent shapes that still lingered on my skin. 

He wouldn't leave.

He was branded in my mind.

Luis sat me down at our table as my mind was stuck in a place I didn't want it to be. I needed to break free from the restraints I was in, and the only way to do that was to disregard the shapes on my hips and allow someone to create new ones. It was horrible to think that was the way to get rid of him, but it had been working well for the past two years, so I wasn't going to change a thing. 

I was the honey trapped in the jar, unable to get out. 

I needed someone to let me out.