D E R N

{Secret, hidden, dark; It can also refer to 'hidden' feelings - i.e. gloom, sorrow, etc.}

✧✦✧

It was lunch by the time I had reached the great hall. It wasn't hard to spot Luis as he threw a grape up into the air before catching it in his gaping mouth. I slowly wandered over to the group before sitting next to Luis and resting my head against his shoulder, closing my eyes, taking in his scent. I tried to forget about what had happened that morning, I tried to forget about the way Malfoy spoke, I tried to forget about last night, though that was hard as I watched Pucey walk into the hall with a bruised and cut face. I slowly shook my head with a small sigh, it was clear that those thoughts wouldn't be leaving any time soon.

"You doing okay there Ames?" Jasmine asked, leaning over the table to examine my facial expressions closely.

I gave her a weak smile before peeling my head from Luis' shoulder, "Yeah." I sighed, reaching over my plate for a green apple. 

I realised that I didn't change from Luis' clothes, so I was sat in the great hall, wearing the most oversized clothes anyone would have seen. I was overwhelmed with everything that had happened, with everything I did, but didn't want to happen. I was so conflicted, I couldn't understand what was going on in my head, let alone the things that were going on around me.

"Are you incapable of getting changed or something Angel?" Malfoy scoffed next to me, I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't realise the blonde had sat next to me. 

I groaned to myself, "You're the one who practically kicked me out of your dorm." I scoffed, taking a bite from the sour green apple.

"His dorm?" Blaire questioned, "Why were you in his dorm?"

"She stayed with me last night," Luis spoke calmly as he sipped on his pumpkin juice.

I could see Malfoy trying to hide his smirk as he shook his head, he leaned in closer to me, "I didn't kick you out-"

"Ahh, Miss Greenwood," Professor Sinistra spoke from behind us, causing me to jump at the sudden sound, "I trust Mr Malfoy will be capable of catching you up on the work you missed." She stated sternly, nodding towards Malfoy in more of a question whether he would do it or not.

"I'll help her Professor, would it be alright for her to chart tomorrow nights stars?" He asked, acting as if he was the perfect student, there was no attitude that slipped from his tongue, nothing.

Sinistra nodded to herself, thinking of tomorrow's stars, "Yes Mr Malfoy, that will do just fine." She stated before walking swiftly away and up to the teachers' table.

As I turned to return to my apple, Malfoy caught my eyes. His piercing blue hues trapped my dark green ones, locking me in place, "So, tomorrow night?" He smirked as if he had completely forgotten everything he had said that morning.

I rolled my eyes with a small scoff as I turned away from him, taking a bite of my apple that I so desperately needed to eat, "Whose dorm tonight?" I questioned the group, eager to get high because I knew it wasn't my turn to be the sober one. 

"Can we do ours? Our room is cleaner and we have the better music," Blaire concluded, her short black curls falling over her shoulders as she leaned onto the table.

"Sounds good to me." Jaz smiled, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.

Blaise narrowed his eyes at the three of us, "Okay, I'm all for having tonight in your guys' dorm. But no, we have the better music taste." He pointed to himself, Luis and Malfoy.