A B I E N C E

{The strong urge to avoid someone or something}

✧✦✧

"Miss Greenwood!"

My head snapped up instantly from the hardwood desk. Snape's black eyes burned into mine as he cocked his head in question of why I was asleep during his class, "Sorry professor."

He sighed, rolling his eyes in doing so, "Describe in detail an Infurius." He spoke slowly, eyeing me, trying to catch me off guard.

I blinked a few times, gathering my surroundings, "An Infurius is a pale white creature who was brought back from the dead in an act of necromancy. Humans brought back from the dead." I stated calmly.

He rose a brow before cocking his head once again, "And how would one defend themselves against such a creature?" His eyes narrowed, thinking that he had once again caught me off guard with his questions.

"Due to their undead status, they dislike light and heat. The best way to defend yourself against them would be through the firestorm charm, igniting fire and light around them." I smiled a sickly sweet smile at the greasy-haired professor.

He rose both his eyebrows at my knowledge before turning around to start walking back towards the front of the room, "Sleeping in this class is not acceptable. Ten points from Slytherin." His cold monotone voice rung through the class.

I rolled my eyes at his comment. I honestly couldn't care less about house points, they were only numbers and didn't mean anything to me. After the events of last night, I couldn't sleep. I lay awake in my bed, replaying his movements, his hands on my skin, on my hip. The first year crush I had on the boy nearly found its way out of the vault, but I pushed it back, it was never to come out. Never to see the light. I wouldn't let it. I couldn't let it.

"Nice going Ames." Blaise huffed in front of me, rolling his eyes at my sleepy state, "I mean honestly, did you not sleep at all last night?"

I sighed to myself as Snape fiddled with the slide show he was about to show us, "No Zabini. After astronomy, I didn't sleep." I leaned back into my seat, trying to keep my tired eyes open, "And house points are only numbers. I don't see what the big deal is." I stated calmly.

"Don't see what the big deal is-"

"Mr Zabini." Snape cut him off from his small yell.

Blaise slouched in his seat in defeat, crossing his arms over his chest in a huff. I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour while Luis stifled a laugh in his seat next to me. The projector began to start, showing the class gruesome pictures of someone who was killed by the terrifying creatures. I kept my head down, not wanting to see the amount of blood that was on the screen in front of us.

Luis' hand gently grazed across my thigh, "You okay love?" He whispered, eyes still on the screen as I kept mine down.

I took a deep breath before replying, "Yeah, just not really in the mood for all the blood and gore."

I could hear Malfoy's scoff from the seat in front of me, I hadn't paid him any attention that whole day. After what he pulled last night, I thought it would be best to ignore him.

Abience.

I needed to avoid him, I needed to stay away from those sapphire traps. Because I knew, I knew that if I didn't, everything would end. He would ruin everything, and I couldn't let that happen. What we had, the bickering, the comments, that was all I wanted, all I needed. His harsh words were a reminder of the world I lived in, his remarks reminded me that not everything in this world was good, not everything in this world was perfect.