M I N U T I A E

{The small, precise details that makes one unique; the finer points and subtleties}

~Draco~

She was quiet, sleeping peacefully in my arms as we lay under the early morning sky. I would never forget the image of her, how my sweater draped over her small frame, how her breaths were small and ever so quiet. I didn't sleep, how could I? I finally had her in my arms, after a long time of hoping, praying to the gods, it finally happened. She was mine, even if she didn't accept it, I knew she would, she had to. The way she spoke about her name, about her family, I could tell she hated it, her parents, how they treated her. It hurt to realise that her father wasn't far off from mine, it hurt to realise that the family I had grown up with were rather similar to mine.

As she slept, I allowed myself to reminisce on our childhood. I allowed myself to think back to a time when things were easier, when we were only children, when I didn't have an inky mark on my arm, binding me to something I didn't want to be a part of. We still were just kids, learning how to live, learning how to take care of ourselves. But our parents forced us to grow up within the blink of an eye. I thought back to the three of us playing a song together in the Greenwood's living room. I thought about how beautiful she looked as she watched her fingers press the correct keys on her parents piano, I thought about how happy we were, to be together, to enjoy ourselves, even when Luis would mess up his part on purpose.

The girl wrapped in my arms caused me to smile, she triggered a feeling inside me I couldn't describe. She made me feel warm, seeing her every day was a sight I could never get tired of, it was a sight I never wanted to miss.

She made a small sound that was so quiet, yet so sweet. I watched her closely as she moved her hand, draped in the long sleeve, to rub her eyes. The sun was just about to rise, and I didn't want her to miss it. She had only been asleep for three hours, but I needed her to see it, to watch the day start with me.

"Wakey-wakey Angel," I whispered, rubbing small circles on her upper arm until she shifted.

Her eyes grew wide as she realised where she was, I tried to stifle a small laugh at the sight. Her hair was slightly messy, but still perfect, her eyes were tired, droopy almost, as she tried her best to wake up.

"Shit," she cursed under her breath, "What time is it?" She began to panic, moving her head around quickly.

I let out a soft chuckle, "Relax Angel, just watch the sunrise, then we can go back," I told her, keeping her held tight in my arms. I was sure she was still half asleep and didn't notice, otherwise I was sure she would run away.

I knew she didn't know how to feel, I could see it in her face, but I couldn't understand what held her back from being with me. I meant it when I told her she was the jackpot, she was the end, she was everything, all I wanted. And yet, she still couldn't see it. I let her lean against me as I sat up, her head rested hesitantly on my chest, but I enjoyed every last second of it.

The sky began to lighten, oranges, pinks and reds began to bleed through the sky like a painting, a painting so beautiful it could be hung in my families living room. Her head tilted against my chest, finally relaxing, watching the sight before her. I slightly tightened my grip across her waist, breathing in her scent, though it was slightly masked by the smell of my cologne on my sweater.

"It's beautiful," she whispered in awe.

The sun began to make its way to view, creating a mirror against the black lake, the water reflecting its light, causing it to nearly sparkle. I wanted to tell her she looked better, she looked better than any view, any sunrise or sunset, she was the only view I craved, she was the only view I wanted to spend countless hours looking at, admiring.