C R Y S T A L L O M A N I A

{An obsession with crystals and other crystalline objects}

✧✦✧

~Amethyst~

The week had gone by quicker than I had expected. Every night I stayed in Draco's dorm, I was too scared that if I left him, he would get hurt. It was tougher than I expected—going to classes. All of our seats were assigned, apart from astronomy. He was my comfort, my home. If I wasn't with him, I couldn't breathe properly. After inducing yourself in such a strong drug for so long, it gets harder and harder to pull away. 

I kept replaying his words of optimism in my head, constantly on a loop. I wouldn't let myself think of all the things that could go wrong, that would only result in a panic attack. So I engulfed myself in his embrace instead. We were supposed to be going back to Greenwood Manor today, but I didn't want to get up. I had no desire to leave his bed, nor his arms. He held me as if I was going to run away, I knew he was scared I'd leave, and that was why I never did. Because I could feel his anxiety seep through me, I could feel myself absorbing his anxious fears and thoughts. Sometimes it was so strong I shuddered at the feeling. 

The small amethyst he constantly held with him did the majority of the work for me, but when his anxiety blew through the roof, I was hit with some of the backlash. It came washing over me, like a wave in a storm. I wondered if he was cleansing the crystal, he had seen and heard how I had to do my cleansing, and he had paid a reasonable amount of attention during divination. 

I stared at his peaceful face and acknowledged all the little features I hadn't seen before. Like the little light clouds of freckles on his nose, how it twitched when he inhaled. I noticed how his eyelashes didn't match the colour of his platinum blonde hair, they were slightly darker. I trailed his scar with my eyes, seeing it cut through his brow and miss his eye before it started again on his cheek. He was lucky that his eye wasn't as damaged as mine were. I had gotten used to covering my eye discretely enough to read basic things, like letters. 

His chest rose slowly as he inhaled deeply, triggering a groan as he stretched his legs and exhaled at the same time. His grip around my waist tightened possessively, as if he was subconsciously checking to make sure I was still there. He had pulled me so far into his chest I could no longer look at his state of serenity, it made me pout, not being able to look at him and admire him without having him tease me about it. 

"Are you sure you're not the creep?" I heard his rough morning voice say. It vibrated in his chest and those vibrations were sent straight to my stomach.

I blushed as I realised he was awake while I was looking at him, "You stare while I sleep, I admire while you sleep." I tried to defend myself, "There's a difference." 

His voice was lower than before while he laughed, it made my eyes roll back as I enjoyed it a little too much, "Yeah, you're definitely the weirdo." 

I smacked his chest playfully before he rolled onto his back, holding me tightly so that I rolled with him and lay on top of him. I buried my head into his chest and made sure to indulge in the lingering smell of his cologne. There was something about the musky smell that made me curl my toes, it smelt too good and almost always made my eyes roll to the back of my head. It was like a candle you loved, the smell always filled the room and toyed with your senses—and you can't help but keep picking it up to smell it. You let your eyes roll as your chest expands and you can't stop indulging yourself in that torturous smell. Just like a drug, you couldn't let it go. 

I felt as his fingers curled and gripped at the shirt I was wearing. He pushed his nose into my hair and inhaled deeply, just as I was doing to his chest—only I was subtle about it. That was definitely a creeps behaviour, not caring about someone knowing you were smelling their hair. I didn't mind though, if anything—it showed how much he didn't want to let go. That and the grip he had on me.