F R I S S I O N

{A shiver of pleasure}

✧✦✧

Quidditch was a game you had to know a lot about in order to actually follow along with what was happening. I couldn't pay attention to the points that had been scored, I couldn't pay Luis nor Blaise any attention. I was too busy following the blonde blur. 

Jaz and Blaire held up their banner, pinning me in between them, and began screaming as soon as Slytherin had scored. Slytherin was in the lead, and we were not backing down. The beaters were ruthless, and it was clear the chasers didn't care who got in their way. The Ravenclaws seeker was Cho Chang, Draco had played against her so many times he practically knew what her go-to moves were. It was part of their training, during games, they were told to study their opponents and evaluate how they moved on their brooms, what their tells were. It was a strategy nearly no other team had. 

I began darting my eyes between Blaise and Draco as soon as Blaise had the quaffle. He weaved throughout the field, dodging other chasers and pushing past anyone who tried to get in his way. Draco was hovering above the field, evaluating and studying every move that was played. He looked far too good as he leaned over his broom to watch. 

"Doesn't he look so good?" A voice I found all too familiar sounded from behind me. 

I tried to ignore her and instead, looked back up to Draco, who happened to be staring right at me. I smiled briefly and noticed as he winked in my direction.

"He winked at me, I knew he still liked me," Pansy's voice became utterly annoying as she continued to squeal.

I rolled my eyes and tried to drown out her voice, but it was almost no use, "He stopped seeing you though? Didn't he?" Millicent's voice sounded.

"No, all he said was that he wanted me to stay away. It's different," I let out a short snort of laughter at the words that spilt from her mouth, "What are you laughing at, Greenwood?" She sneered.

I turned around through the uproar of another Slytherin goal, "How in Salazar's name is that different, Parkinson?" I laughed.

"He said he wanted me to stay away, not that he'd stop seeing me-"

"That's exactly the same thing. How long has it been since you two shagged?" I pouted sarcastically. 

I watched as she turned her nose up and clenched her jaw, "Nearly a whole month," Millicent laughed, earning an elbow to the ribs from Pansy.

I wore a sickly sweet sarcastic smile, "I hate to break it to you, Parkinson. But it looks like Malfoy's already moved on." 

I turned back towards the pitch and heard a small laughter escape Blaire and Jasmine's lips, obviously they had just heard the entire conversation. The laughter stopped as soon as Ravenclaw had scored a point. The game became nearly more aggressive as I watched on, though I couldn't help but think about the fact that Draco hadn't shagged Pansy for nearly a month. He had kept his promise, and I had kept mine. There was something in me that wanted to run onto that pitch, find a broom and kiss him. Something about the fact that he kept to his word lit a small fire in my abdomen, it was the warmest and calmest feeling I had felt in a long time. I could hardly focus on the game. 

A blur of blonde suddenly rushed past me, capturing my attention instantly. Cho Chang was only just in front of him as they followed the snitch in close proximity. The snitch suddenly flew up into the sky, both seekers following it before it nearly dropped back to the ground. Chang pulled back as the golden ball dove towards the field, but Draco had instantly followed it. Blaire, Jaz and I leaned over the barricade and watched as Draco and the snitch came into close contact with the grass, only to see Draco reach out before pulling his broom back.