5.9: Family Dinner

So, it's been a while and I binged both 5B and 6 when they each came out and now I can't decipher what happened when. I'm gonna try and maintain as much of what I wrote before 5B as I can, and find a way to incorporate the new stuff. So, I'm thinking God is gonna be more my version than the canon version, and Rory... I haven't quite got there yet.

I'm mostly just going to write out canon scenes in my universe, so don't expect the proper story-flow... I can't make my God and canon God work and I figured with another god-like celestial in the universe, it wouldn't match up anyway.

Secondly, I keep forgetting that Nyx has memory problems. The short-term memory thing is gonna disappear, while I'm going to try and remember to keep the memory-loss-due-to-dying thing.

"Why do we have to go to this family dinner?" Lucifer whines. "Dad's already punished Michael, what's the point in torturing me?"

"Family, Luci," comes the muffled reply from under the blankets.

Lucifer whines some more, arms out on either side of him as he lies on the bed and stares at the ceiling. "I have all the family I need."

"Add more. Can't hurt, can it?"

"It can hurt my patience. I don't want to deal with Michael and Dad."

"You said you'd give him a chance to 'fix whatever this is,' didn't you?"

"That was before the evil queen thing," Lucifer notes, "How much of that do you remember?"

"I remember enough." Lucifer yelps softly as Nyxeus unexpectedly pinches his side. "Don't change the topic."

Lucifer rolls his eyes and sighs. "Fine. Fine! I'll go to this family dinner, but you're coming with me! I refuse to sit through the first dinner I've had in millennia without you."

"Good! I wasn't going to let you go alone anyway. I don't like Michael. I don't trust him around you."

A hum passes the devil's lips. "I don't like him either... Come on then, don't want to be too late."

"But it's dinner," Nyxeus mumbles, poking his head out from under the blankets. "It's not dinner yet."

"No, but I think I'll need some reward for sitting through family dinner. And we need to shower anyway, so..."

Lucifer watched the dragon in mild amusement. Nyxeus blinks in confusion for a second before he gets it, mouth forming an 'o' in realization.

"Wait, you want—"

"Yes, love, I want you to make love to me."

"Well, why didn't you just say so?"

"It's his fault we're late!"

God looks up at Nyxeus' voice just as the draxon comes in, Lucifer close behind him. The house is dim, warm orange light casting a homely aura around the place. God sits at the head of the table, Michael on his left and Amenadiel on his right, Linda next to him.

"At least you made it before we started," the elder celestial replies. "I didn't think you'd show."

"But we did," Lucifer throws back, mild annoyance caught in his voice. "And we brought draconian sweet bread. A treat."

"Oh, delightful!" God smiles as Lucifer places the woven green basket on the table. Thin squares of bread, all about two inches wide, rest on a bed of wide green leaves inside, warm and golden. "I've quite wanted to try some of the things the dragons have come up with. There's so much creation down there."