6. Bonding

Lucifer's eyes widen as he walks up to the most recent crime scene; it's a mess of blood and internal organs from two demons now lying dead and unrecognizable on the grass.

*Like it?* Nyx hisses, appearing in his smaller dragon from and curling around Lucifer's neck like a choker. *Jinx found them while I was with you, so I had to leave before he got all the fun.*

*You could have woke me,* Lucifer replies quietly, hand coming up to lightly run over the draxon's scales. *I'm coming with you next time.*

*I didn't think you would want to,* Nyx says. *But it'll be so much more fun with you there.*

"Lucifer," Chloe says, seeing the devil approaching. "Glad you could make it."

"Yes, I was held up by Amenadiel, Maze and Mum," Lucifer replies, still lightly petting the draxon, who is letting out a purr-like rumble.

"New accessory?" Chloe asks, looking curiously at the unmoving dragon around her partner's neck.

"One of a kind," Lucifer replies, letting his hand fall to his side. "I'm quite fond of him. Now, on to the case at hand."

Chloe nods. "Right. Well, as you can see, two victims this time and still no clues that could point us to the killer. Whoever it is is good and knows what they're doing. They also aren't squeamish whatsoever. This is brutal, almost inhuman."

"I'll say," Ella says, holding her camera. "I don't even know where to start."

Lucifer quickly suppresses the smirk trying to cross his lips.

I take it you like it, Nyx's voice says in his mind.

Of course, Lucifer replies. I may be biased, but it's what they deserve for tricking me and daring to frame you, love.

A soft, dark chuckle echoes in the devil's head. I wouldn't send them off with anything less. Torture them to near insanity, then hope they still suffer wherever the soulless bastards go.

Lucifer smirks mentally as he examines the terrified, pained expressions the dead demons still wear.

"We still have no identification," Dan says as he appears. "And no one has filed any missing persons reports with any resemblance to any of the victims. It's like they never existed."

"Have they caught Draconian yet?" Chloe asks.

"Not yet," Dan replies. "Wherever he's hiding, he's doing it real well."

"We can't really do anything until he's caught," Chloe says. "...I think it's best we drop the case for now. There are dozens of other cases that need solving that we can work on until something turns up or Draconian is caught."

"Can we decide to just abandon a case?" Lucifer asks, hiding his amusement at the fact that Nyx is right in front of the two detectives.

"We have no other leads, Lucifer," Chloe says. "And so far, there's no family of any of the victims who want justice. So yes, we can just abandon the case. For now, at least. I feel bad, but we can't just wait around for a clue to appear."

Unseen to everyone, the dragon wrapped around Lucifer's neck gives a wide smirk.

"That was exciting, Luci!" Nyx says, twirling around as the pair steps out of the elevator.

"For you, maybe," Lucifer replies, grabbing a bottle off the bar. "I found it incredibly boring."

"Well, we still have... Oh dear, I've forgotten... Five or six demons left to find," Nyx says, collapsing onto the couch, the devil sitting by his head, fingers sinking into the draxon's hair, a cup of amber liquid in his other hand. "Maybe we should wait a while and let them think they've escaped... Oh, this game is so much fun, Luci!"