52. Breaking

"Hi Luci!"

'Lucifer' turns from where he'd been standing in front of a full-length mirror. He straightens his posture quickly as the draxon walks in.

"What are you doing here?"

Nyx's smile falters, his head tilting as he unsurely says, "Sister is exploring and I wanted to see you."

"Well, I do not want to see you," 'Lucifer' replies coldly.

"Oh..." Nyx seems to deflate, his happy expression disappearing.

'Lucifer' growls softly under his breath. "I'm sorry, Nyxeus, but I'm not used to... you. Just give me some time to readjust?"

The draxon brightens, "Okay!"

He bounds closer, arms wrapping around the divine. 'Lucifer' struggles in his hold, shoving him back and giving him a sharp slap across the face.

"What have I said about touching me," 'Lucifer' hisses angrily. "Do not touch me, Nyxeus, do you understand?"

Gingerly feeling his cheek, Nyx looks back at the divine, his expression blank. "Yes, I understand."

'Lucifer' nods. "Good. And for dad's sake, cut your hair. You look ridiculous."

With that, the divine walks out of the room, leaving an upset draxon behind. Nyx turns, looking in the full-length mirror near the bed, combing his fingers through his long hair.

"But... I like it," he says quietly to himself.

Nyx searches through the few memories he still has, finding one of himself and Lucifer cuddling together in a place he doesn't recognize but assumes is in the Dragonlands.

"Has your hair always been this long? No, I didn't mean it like that, Nyxeus. I like it. It suits you, darling."

"Darling," Nyx whispers. "Why don't you say it anymore, Luci?"

A soft sigh passes his lips. Eyes glowing orange, Nyx's fingers continue combing through his hair. He watches in the mirror as his black locks slowly become shorter until his hair is as short as his lover's. The ends still fade to a sunset orange but that doesn't make the draxon any happier. He likes his long hair, but if his lover doesn't...

Another sigh passes Nyx lips as he thinks of what to do now. Having remastered possessing people, he now needs to focus on simply reading minds and mind alteration. But he wants a break...

Nyx's eyes light up as he gets an idea.

"Oh my god, Lucifer! Why the hell wouldn't you visit us once in a while, huh?! Even for a second to say 'hey, I'm still alive!'"

Ella continues hitting the divine with her shoe while he weakly raises his hand in defense.

"Wha—" 'Lucifer' manages.

"Instead you stay down there the entire time for like what, thousands of years for you?!"

"Actually, yes," 'Lucifer' says as Ella steps back. "I got caught up in all the work and in... well, grieving."

"Aw, buddy," Ella says, her arms going around the startled divine. "How're you doing?"

"Well fine now, he's back."

Ella pulls away sharply, her eyes wide. "Really?! Nyx's back?"

"Do I know you?"

Ella looks past Lucifer, seeing the draxon talking to a member of the forensics team. "Nyxeus!"