51. Guess Who's Back

Vortex, Qietiye and Teiterin land in the throne room of Nyx's palace, the last to arrive.

*Still no luck?* Jinx hisses, frustrated.

Vortex shakes his head, *I don't understand it! We can't find them anywhere!*

*And we're sure no one took them?* Kirillion asks.

Qietiye gives him a strange look. *Who the hell would take dead bodies?*

The wyrm gives his version of a shrug. *Just a thought.*

Jinx shakes his head. *This is beyond frustrating. Nebula, how's Lucifer doing?*

*Still the same as before,* the amphithere replies. *Grieving, trying to entertain himself and keep his attention from turning to thinking of what happened. I can tell he's upset though, and angry.*

*He has the right to be,* Dexius muses. *First Nyx dies for good, then a week later, his body disappears along with La'rayel's and it's not just the usual creator taking them back. This is weird and I don't like it. Why would anyone move our king's body?*

*What if no one did?* Hex says, thinking. *What if they came back and they left on their own?*

*But why would Nyx leave?* Teiterin asks. *That doesn't make sense.*

The wyvern shrugs. *I'm not sure, but it's possible, isn't it?*

*I don't know but we're not getting anything done looking for their bodies,* Jinx says, *So for now, let's just focus on keeping the realm alive and keeping an eye on Lucifer. What time we can spare can be used hoping our king is out there somewhere.*

Chloe's eyes fall closed as her arms wrap around 'Lucifer' tightly. He hugs her back, the two of them standing like that for a long moment before a loud crash interrupts them.

'Lucifer' pulls back with a scowl, looking back the way he had entered. "Nyxeus, what have you done now?"

"It was her fault!"

Chloe's eyes widen, hearing the familiar voice of the dragon king.

The draxon comes walking into the room, looking around curiously. "Well, this is a pretty place. I do like pretty things."

"Nyxeus," Chloe whispers, a small smile on her lips.

Nyx looks at her, his head tilting in confusion as his brows furrow. Nonetheless, his tone is happy and excited as he speaks.

"Hi!" he says, "Do I know you? I think I know you. Do I know her, Luci?"

"Yes, Nyxeus," 'Lucifer' says with an exasperated sigh. "Yes, you know her."

"I do? Who is she?"

Chloe's brows furrow, "You don't remember?"

Nyx looks at her, a sad look coming to his face. "No... See, I know I destroyed my soul to protect people I care about from my then-mean sister. The creator saved both of us, but most of my memories had already been destroyed. I don't have my memories, but I have my emotions. I have feelings for people whose faces I don't remember. We haven't been back for long either, only a few hours I think." Nyx frowns suddenly, "Hold on... You're the detective! You're the one Luci likes!"

Nyx grins, proud of himself. "Yes, I know you! You're the smart woman I like with the nice little girl! See, Sister, I can figure it out on my own!"

Chloe tenses, seeing the new woman walking into the room. Despite her pale skin and white hair, she's beautiful like the moon. Her cold, pale blue eyes and the light scowl on her face instantly tells Chloe who this is. This is La'rayel.