31. What Happened in Rome

"I don't think you're crazy at all," Kinley said. "In fact, I think we should talk."

"You don't mind if I join you, do you?" Nyx asked, walking up behind Chloe. "See, I'm quite interested in the devil too."

"Nyxeus," Chloe said, nodding in greeting.

"Nyxeus?" Kinley repeated. "Like the draxon."

"Indeed," Nyx replied. "Now, that talk?"

Kinley nodded and they moved outside.

"Whenever he visits, death and destruction follow," Kinley said softly.

Chloe looked to Nyx and he shrugged, "That's not something I know to be true or not."

Kinley gave Nyx an odd look before realizing, "You really are the draxon."

Nyx smirked and let his eyes flash orange, "I am."

Kinley inhaled sharply before swallowing, asking, "Where's Lucifer then?"

"Los Angeles. I'm here alone, for two reasons actually, and I think you'll be able to help me with the second."

Nyx hums as he combs his fingers gently through Lucifer's hair. Waking up with the devil on top of him was a forgotten feeling, one that the draxon loves.

Lucifer's cheek is pressed against Nyx's chest, his body between Nyx's legs. The devil's arms rest on either side of the draxon's chest. Nyx's tail is out, curling around the devil's waist, his smooth scales cool against Lucifer's skin.

Lucifer's eyes open slowly, a sleepy smile spreading across his lips. "Morning, my love."

"May the light shine on you," Nyx says softly, the traditional dragon way of morning greeting or general departure.

Lucifer's smile widens, hearing the phrase. "How is it that you can manage to look so deathly beautiful even after just waking up?"

"I don't know," Nyx replies, "How can you manage to look so incredibly sexy all the time?"

Lucifer chuckles softly, "It's a talent I was born with."

"That it is."

Nyx's hands gently roam over the devil's back. Lucifer tenses as his lover's fingers glide over the scars that rest there from him severing his wings. Nyx traces patterns over the scars, lightly tickling the devil's skin and helping him relax.

Lucifer's head tilts up when he hears his lover let out a puff. A smile crosses the devil's lips as he watches the smoke ring rise up and fade. A bit of concentration and the next smoke ring is red. Nyx giggles softly, blowing more different-coloured smoke rings into the air above their heads.

The devil chuckles as he watches the childish draxon have fun blowing smoke rings.

"Nyx?"

"Luci?"

"Would you be alright if I were to ask the Detective to go out with me? Not a romantic date, of course, but as close friends."

"I don't mind, I can spend some time with Dan or in the Dragonlands," Nyx replies, "Can I ask why?"

Lucifer hesitates, not exactly sure. "I... want to be sure she's alright with knowing everything."

Nyx frowns slightly, knowing she's not but he can't let the devil know that.

Instead, he nods and whispers, "Alright."

"I remember that," Nyx mused, looking over Chloe's shoulder.