54. You're Mine & I'm Yours

Dark Paradise - Lana Del Ray

"All my friends tell me I should move on
I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah
That's how you sang it
Loving you forever can't be wrong
Even though you're not here, won't move on
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah
That's how we played it"

The devil's fingers move over the piano keys softly. His voice is quiet, echoing softly through the halls of his palace in Hell.

"And there's no remedy for memory
Your face is like a melody
It won't leave my head
Your soul is haunting me
And telling me that everything is fine
But I wish I was dead
(Dead, like you)"

Lucifer's head lowers, his eyes starting to burn with tears.

Millennia. Millennia he's been in Hell. Millennia he's been without Nyxeus.

"Every time I close my eyes
It's like a dark paradise
No one compares to you
I'm scared that you
Won't be waiting on the other side
Every time I close my eyes
It's like a dark paradise
No one compares to you
But there's no you
Except in my dreams tonight"

Sensing someone watching him, Lucifer blinks back his tears and turns, prepared to reprimand the demon watching him. Except it's not a demon.

"Luci."

"Nyxeus..."

Lucifer stands, moving closer slowly as if afraid it's just an illusion. The devil stands in front of the draxon, his eyes searching the upset eyes of his lover. Slowly, hesitantly, Lucifer reaches up to cup Nyx's cheek, more tears coming to his eyes.

"You're back," he whispers. Nyx nods. Lucifer's hand moves up to the draxon's short hair, his brows furrowing, a disapproving scowl on his face, "What on earth happened to your hair?"

Nyx's doesn't say anything, his eyes studying the devil's face. Lucifer gives a soft smile as he decides it's not an illusion or a trick, a smile that soon turns to a grimace as a sharp pain erupts in his stomach. Lucifer's brows furrow as he brings a hand to his stomach, feeling blood start to seep from the wound. He looks back up as Nyx steps back, the claws of one hand coated in crimson.

"Nyxeus," Lucifer whispers, his eyes wide as his knees give out and his collapses.

Nyx shakes his head, tears in his eyes. "I wanted to believe you, Luci, I really did. But I can't do it anymore."

"Do what?" Lucifer asks in confusion, gasping as another wave of pain hits him, holding himself up with one arm while the other hand presses against the wound in his stomach.

"Don't pretend like you don't know!" Nyx yells angrily, his tears starting to fall. "Everything you've done to me since my return! Every shove, every hit, and I just don't get why! Why do I love you when you clearly don't care for me?!"

Lucifer's eyes flare in anger. "I don't care?! Look at me and say that again! Look into my eyes, my thoughts, my memories, Nyxeus, and tell me I don't love you!"

"Why should I?! Seeing you with that demon was enough!"

"Demon?! I would never cheat on you, Nyxeus, now do it!"

"I can't! I don't remember how!"

Lucifer's brows furrow in confusion as he whispers softly, "You don't remember?"

"I barely remember anything!" Nyx's voice is now more hysterical than angry as he paces in front of the devil, the soft patter of tears hitting the floor heard under the sound of his footsteps. "I barely remember you or my life or anything!"