29. His Lover's Partner (pt. 2)

Nyx hums as he moves through the Colosseum, looking around.

"This place is pretty," he muses. "I like pretty things."

Weaving through other tourists, Nyx takes his time to explore the place, also visiting the museum on the upper floor.

"Such interesting history... I wish I'd been able to see it."

Noticing it's already evening, Nyx turns to leave. A scent on the wind catches his attention, his brows furrowing.

"I guess everyone needs a vacation now and again, but I didn't exactly peg Detective Decker as the type... I could find her by... No, bad Nyx, no magic unnecessarily. Make Luci proud. Oh wait, I can't read minds anyway, stupid self judgement... I miss Luci... Ooo, I wonder what history thought of him."

Eyes brightening, Nyx walks out of the Colosseum. Remembering a library he saw on his way, Nyx heads back the way he came. The bright orange sun casts long shadows as it sets, darkness starting to take over. A soft humming escapes Nyx's lips, one that soon turns to quiet singing.

"I love the dark,
And it's in the shadows I'll stay.
It's the dark that remains,
When all the light fades.

Bring all the light you want,
I'll wipe it all out.
My shadows will win,
The light, I can do without.

I rule the dark,
And this realm is all mine.
It's here I'll be lurking,
Feared by man and divine."

Stepping into the library, Nyx looks around the dim space. "Now, where would history be? ... Oh wait, the history section."

Nyx sweeps through the shelves to the section, scanning over titles until he comes upon a book called Divine History.

"This looks promising," Nyx muses, pulling the book from the shelf.

Bringing it to the nearby table, he sits down and opens the book, scanning through the table of contents.

"Creation of the universe... Through the old testament... Through the new testament... The dragon king, hey that's me. Come back to that later... Here we are, The Devil. Page 109..."

Nyx starts humming again as he flips through the book. Finding the right page, his brows furrow at the image there.

"Since when did the devil have horns?" Nyx muses. "Maybe I missed something... And a tail, where ever did that come from?"

Nyx's eyes scan over the words, lips turning into a frown, his head tilting as he reads.

Known by many names and titles such as Lucifer, Prince of Darkness, Lightbringer, Morning Star and the draxon's mate, the devil is the ruler of Hell. He tortures damned souls alongside the demons of Hell.

The devil was once an angel and son of God. He was cast out of Heaven after rebelling against God and condemned to rule Hell. From the realm's burning inferno, the devil's face became twisted, scared and red, a true horror to behold.

It's debated that his attempted murder by his lover the draxon has caused the devil to turn evil, the betrayal turning his heart black. The devil does not feel love or affection, he will destroy anyone and every—

"Dear, humans really do hold Luci in such a terrible lighting, don't they..." Nyx muses.

"Do we?" Chloe asks, sitting down across from the draxon.

Nyx smiles, "Done watching me and thinking I don't know you're there?"

Chloe's eyes widen and she blushes. "I just... Didn't want to interrupt."