22. Friendly Bonding

The elevator lets out a ding just as Nyx finishes cleaning up the blood, the faint taste of it still lingering on his tongue from licking it earlier. Turning to face it, Nyx sees Dan stepping out.

"I didn't think you'd ever willingly come here," Nyx says, tilting his head.

"Neither did I," Dan replies with a smile. "I also never thought I'd see you practically naked."

Nyx smirks. "Well, I wasn't expecting company. Hang on."

The draxon heads to the large walk-in closet, putting on a white t-shirt, black hoodie, black jeans and black and white converse shoes. Putting his long hair in a high ponytail, he returns to the living room where he finds Dan leaning against the bar.

"Better?"

The detective nods. "Much."

"So, what're you doing here? I'm assuming it's not just a friendly visit."

"Nope," Dan says. "I thought I'd let you know face to face that Chloe and them have an idea on how to catch the killer. If it all goes well, they'll be caught by tonight."

Nyx perks up, "Really?"

Dan nods, "Yep. They're going to host a backyard party and get everyone to sign the guest book to try to identify the killer by their handwriting as well as the other information they've gathered."

"Hopefully it works," Nyx says. "I don't like sleeping alone."

"Lonely?"

Nyx nods, "I'm not used to it and I don't want to get used to it."

"Yeah, it's not fun," Dan says. "Oh, and I brought another unsolved case file we can start on."

Nyx tilts his head curiously, "I never knew there were so many. We've already solved a dozen or so. What's this one?"

"Missing persons case from two years ago," Dan says, showing the file to the draxon. "Three people, two girls and a boy, all teenagers, went missing the same night together. They're presumed dead but there's no evidence of it. Last seen leaving a party around one in the morning."

"Any lead suspect?" Nyx asks as he skims through the case.

"Gregory Wilson, he and his three buddies hated the victims, and had a lot of motive to kill them."

Nyx hums. "Well, let's go talk to him and we'll see."

"Before we go," Dan says as Nyx starts towards the elevator. "What am I thinking?"

"You want to see if I really can read minds so you're thinking of... That's gross, why would you taint my mind with that?"

"What is it?" Dan asks, wanting to know if he's making it up or not.

"You and Charlotte Richards, considering anal," Nyx says, wrinkling his nose is disgust as he wails, "It won't go away! Daniel Espinoza, what've you done to me?!"

Dan chuckles softly, "Come on, you're with Lucifer; you're not that innocent-minded."

"I am when it comes to my friends!"

"Well, I'm sure you don't just make things up now," Dan says with an apologetic shrug.

"I could've proven it some other way!"

"I just wanted the mind-reading thing, not anything else yet."

Meeting Dan's eyes, Nyx nods, understanding he's not ready for proof of the divine, of exactly who Nyxeus is.

"So can you share your thoughts too?" Dan asks as the two head to the elevator.

Nyx nods, "Yeah. I don't do it as often though."