60. Forgetting & Fights

Dan takes a deep breath and pulls the trigger, watching as the devil falls back. Chloe rushes towards the celestial, Dan careful to keep any worry from his face.

He's fine, Nyx says. I can feel that he's fine.

Dan's lips tighten to a thin line and he nods slightly. Alright... And where are you?

The Watch Tower place in my palace. Oh, he's waking up.

The man blinks and see's he's right. Taking a deep breath, Dan brings fear to his expression. A small sigh passes his lips as a wave of reassuring calm washes through him and he feels the draxon's magic travelling slowly through his body like a warm current carrying the feeling.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

Both Chloe and Lucifer frown at Dan's reply but before either of them can speak, their eyes flare orange.

Nyxeus, Lucifer hisses as the draxon speaks through his mouth.

Luci. Nyx purrs softly before focusing. Just hold on, I need to focus.

Lucifer growls softly, seething silently as he watches what Nyx does, a passenger in his own body. Chloe does the same, unused to the feeling but having been soothed by the draxon. Nyx's control fades as Dan leaves, the draxon appearing on the balcony with a wide smile.

"I think that went well, don't you?" he sings, walking further inside.

"Why, Nyxeus," Lucifer says, rather angry with his lover.

The draxon gives a closed-eye smile and pulls the devil close, placing a soft kiss to his nose. "Well, it would ruin the plan if you reacted otherwise, darling."

"This is the plan you mentioned yesterday," Chloe says, her eyes narrowed.

"Oh, yes, it is. And if it works, I'll have Michael right where I want him."

"Michael? What does this have to do with that bastard?" Lucifer hisses.

"Well, I may or may not have made him forget Dan knows about the whole divine thing so Dan's playing spy."

Chloe's eyes widen. "You put Dan in a dangerous position like that?"

Nyx's head tilts. "Is there something wrong with that?"

"Yes!" Chloe starts pacing, "What if Michael hurts him? Or kills him?"

"Hmm? Oh, divines can't harm him. Or you. Or Ella, or Linda. Oh, and now Trixie." Nyx pulls his hand back and aims a punch at the woman's chest, one that stops an inch from her skin as if blocked by an invisible shield. "See? ... Veronica, I thought you were taking a vacation."

Both Lucifer and Chloe give the draconian a confused look then look at the elevator when the doors slide open and a tall, dark-haired woman comes walking out.

"I was," she says. "But then I came back. You tend to do that after vacations are over. Who are your two—"

Veronica's eyes narrow as she sees Lucifer and she lunges forward. Her fingers are curled into claws, a snarl on her lips. Before she can reach him however, Nyx is in front of her and holding her from attacking the devil. Lucifer takes a step back, wide-eyed as Chloe comes to stand next to him.

"You!" Veronica hisses.

Lucifer points to himself, "Me?"

"Not him," Nyx says. "Did I forget to tell you, dear?"

"Tell her?" Chloe asks. "Tell her what? How do you know her?"

Nyx's head tilts. "Oh, right. Chloe, Luci, this is Veronica, one of the first in my little collection. Veronica, you remember I told you about them, hmm? Also, you're looking for someone like Luci with a scar across his face. He's the bad guy."