12. Victim Three

Lucifer moans lowly, Nyx's fingers combing through his wings. A soft chuckle escapes the draxon at the sound as he moves closer behind the devil on the penthouse couch.

"Do you like that, Luci?" Nyx purrs, lightly pulling at a few of the devil's feathers and getting another low moan in reply. "I'll take that as a yes."

Lucifer shivers lightly as Nyx's soft touches continue to assault his wings, another moan escaping his lips at the warmth that spreads through him. "Nyx... Nyx, more."

"More?" Nyx repeats. "Hmm, I think I'd like to see you beg first, then we'll see about more."

"Nyxeus," Lucifer whines, shifting one wing to glare over his shoulder at his smirking lover.

"Come on, Luci," Nyx says. "No one but me will hear you."

A loud ringing interrupts the pair, the screen of Lucifer's phone lighting up on the coffee table, flashing Chloe's name.

"Detective," Lucifer says, answering the call. "Don't tell me we've got another murder already."

"We do," Chloe replies. "A youth counselor at a place called Firehawk Ranch, some reformation place for young delinquents. Think you can make it?"

"I'll be there."

"Aw, Luci," Nyx says as the devil hangs up.

"Sorry love," Lucifer replies. "But they need me."

"Do they?" Nyx says, upset. "They got on fine before you showed up, surely they can manage without you once and a while. Luci, you're always busy now, we hardly get time alone together."

"Nyx, I promsie, we'll get some time later, but right know there's a killer waiting to be caught."

"That's what you said last time," Nyx says as Lucifer puts his wings away and heads for the elevator. "Can't you miss just this one?"

"I can't, Nyxeus," Lucifer replies, looking back at his lover.

"Luci... Lucifer, pay attention to me for once," Nyx says, watching the devil step into the elevator. "Please, Lucifer."

"Later, Nyx. Later."

The next second, Nyx finds himself alone in the penthouse. Turning away from the elevator, the draxon sits in heavy silence, thinking.

"Well," Nyx whispers, a smirk growing on his lips, "if work is more important than me, then what if I become his work."

Nodding happily to himself, Nyx lets his wings come out as he walks to the balcony and disappears.

Pierce looks up as he hears his door open. "'Nyxeus. Lucifer isn't here."

"I know," Nyx replies. "I came looking for you."

"I don't have anything for you."

"Oh surely there's something that'll involve a nice kill," the draxon says. "See, Luci's been so focused on his work that he goes running whenever something comes up. He doesn't pay much attention to me unless it's sex, so I thought I'd expel my frustration and catch his attention the same way. I believe the saying is 'killing two birds with one stone.'"

"Well, I may have something," Pierce says, slightly reluctant. "I've been going through old case files and found this unsolved serial killer case."

Nyx grins. "Sounds fun. If I catch him, do I get to play with him?"

"If you can make it seem like a suicide, then fine," Pierce says. "We don't need people to think another killer is out there."

"Oh but there is, Cain," Nyx replies, a mad, excited glint in his eyes. "There is."