Interlude: Christmas Special

"What do you think of hosting a Christmas get-together for our friends?"

"Christmas?"

"Yes, love. It's a holiday humans like to celebrate."

Nyx frowns slightly as the devil goes on to explain the event to him. Lucifer looks over when he's finished, noting the draxon has fallen silent in thought. Nyx's lips are pursed and his brows are furrowed. The devil walks over to sit next to his lover on the penthouse couch, taking the draxon's hand in his.

"What is it, love?"

Nyx blinks, a smile coming to his lips. "Nothing you need to worry about."

Lucifer raises a brow at that. "That just makes me worry more."

"I don't know what to get you," Nyx confesses. "You deserve something nice, Lucifer."

The devil smiles at that and places a soft kiss to the draxon's cheek. "You have a whole week to think of it, darling."

"But what if I forget again?" Nyx asks quietly.

"I don't think you will, love," Lucifer replies. "I don't think you will..."

Christmas morning, Lucifer's eyes open slowly to find his lover stroking through his hair. Nyx sits on the edge of the bed, a smile on his lips.

*Why are you up already?* the devil murmurs softly.

*It's celebration morning,* Nyx replies, there being no equivalent to Christmas in the hissed language. *Why dragontongue?*

*Tired,* Lucifer mumbles.

Nyx smiles at that, digging his arms under the devil's body to haul Lucifer up against him. *May the light shine on you, love.*

*May the light shine,* Lucifer replies with a lazy smile. His eyes open enough to look up at his lover's face. His smile turns to a frown seeing the look in the draxon's eyes. *What happened?*

*Nothing,* Nyx replies. *I just thought you'd enjoy a day free of me.*

*You're leaving?!* Lucifer says in alarm, pulling out of Nyx's hold to look at him with wide eyes.

*No!* Nyx says, pulling the devil back. *No, but I'm going to try going a day without worrying you. A day of mature draxon.*

Nyx nods to himself rather proudly, a sense of determination running through him. Lucifer smiles, grateful but doubtful it will happen.

*It's the Celebration of Life too,* Nyx murmurs. *I'll have to go to the Dragonlands for a while later tonight.*

*I'll come along,* Lucifer whispers. *It'll be nice to be there again.*

Nyx nods in agreement, his arms tight around the devil's body. Lucifer moans softly in content, only protesting a little as he's placed on the bed on his stomach, Nyx kneeling next to him.

*Wings out, doll,* the draxon murmurs, hands gently massaging the devil's shoulder blades.

Lucifer complies with a soft moan, settling again as his lover starts massaging his wings. He pulls out a few worn ones, the little, sudden pain caused making Lucifer fluff his feathers up. Nyx laughs at that, soothing his lover with soft touches and strokes along the limb.

Quiet moans pass the devil's lips as small shivers run down his spine. A heavenly warmth settles in his chest at the feeling, his lover's fingers brushing through his feathers and gently kneading his wing. Whispered singing passes the draxon's lips, filling the silence and lulling the devil closer to sleep.