56. Creating Memories

"No!"

"Nyxeus, you have to go at some point."

"I don't wanna!"

"They already know you've lost your memory."

"And?!"

"You don't have to be scared of what they'll think!"

Nyx wails some more, Lucifer sighing softly and looking at the draxon curled up in a ball in the corner of the interrogation room. The devil walks closer, kneeling next to his lover. Nyx looks at him, his dark eyes full of nervousness and fear.

"You'll be fine, darling," Lucifer whispers, grasping Nyx's hand reassuringly. "You'll be fine, I promise."

"Definitely Lucifer," Dan whispers to Chloe, the woman nodding in agreement.

A knock at the door makes everyone tense, Ella going to open it. A small sigh of relief passes her lips when she sees the red-eyed man on the other side and she opens the door wider to let him in.

"So no sign of Nyx anywhere in—" Jinx cuts himself off, spotting Lucifer. "What are you doing here?"

"Trying to find Michael and making sure he didn't draw out too many fears."

"And who the hell is watching Hell?"

"Amenadiel. What are you doing here?"

"Well I was coming to tell you how our search for our king is going, but I see you already found him."

"More like he found me," Lucifer replies. "Nyxeus, look. This is Jinx."

The draxon glances up at the red-eyed man, his nervousness giving away to confusion. "Isn't he supposed to be gold?"

Lucifer rolls his eyes. "In dragon form, yes."

"But dragons can't change form, can they?" Nyx gets up, walking around Jinx and poking at him. "I don't get it. Is it like an illusion or magic or—"

"It's magic, Nyx," Jinx says patiently. "I'm the only dragon besides you and La'rayel who can take human shape. I have the ability to shapeshift."

"Oh... Can you do other dragons too?"

"If I want to, yes. Are you coming to the Dragonlands so everyone can stop worrying?" Nyx tenses, his eyes going wide. Jinx sighs softly. "Look, Nyxeus, I've seen you at your best and I've seen you at your worst. I can promise you I don't mind the fact you don't remember, and I can promise you no one else will."

The draxon glances to the devil, who gives him a reassuring smile.

Nyx lets out a small breath and nods. "Luci, can you come too?"

"Of course, love," Lucifer replies. "Ah, Detective, do you mind?"

"Not at all," the woman says. "Take all the time you need."

Lucifer gives her a thankful smile and disappears along with the three dragons.

"Ooo, this place is pretty."

"And you like pretty things, I know," La'rayel says as the four land in the throne room of Nyx's palace.

Nyx pouts at her then turns his attention to looking around the place. Jinx shifts back to his natural form, La'rayel doing the same. The white dragon stretches out like a cat, a small moan of satisfaction passing her lips. Nyx looks over at her, his eyes lighting up.

La'rayel rolls her eyes. *Don't tell me you forgot what I really look like.*

Nyx looks away, choosing not to reply. He shifts into his dragon form, flying up to the ceiling to get a closer look at the silver tree root chandelier above them. The 'roots' are sturdy and thick, orbs of light held in small divots along the surface. The king lands on one of the roots, wrapping his tail around it and hanging upside down from it, looking around the room.