Interlude: Once Upon a Time

So for a while I've been thinking of the 'Once Upon a Time' episode at the end of season three and how that would go. I love Nyxeus and can't bear to part with him just yet, so I did some thinking and came up with this.

This is what would have happened in that episode, if Lucifer never met Chloe.

*Are you sure we should be doing this?*

*Of course. It's been nearly two millennia, it's time.*

*I mean doing it without telling anyone else,* the dark blue dragon says.

Jinx looks back over his shoulder where he knows the dragon flies despite not being able to see him with Vortex's magic of invisibility currently covering them both.

*Who knows how Hell may have changed him,* the golden dragon says softly, guilt still hanging heavily over him. *I think it would be best to evaluate any change before we tell the others... Isn't that him?*

*Singing? Yes. That's him. That way.*

Together, the two dragons fly over the dark halls of Hell. A few demons wander the halls, oblivious to the two invisible creatures above. Lucifer's empty palace looms in the distance, the tall spire of the throne standing nearby at the heart of the ashy realm. In the distance on the horizon, the sunlight from the Dragonlands can be seen lighting up the otherwise grey sky and the voice of the dragon king can be heard singing in the otherwise silent realm.

Jinx dives down to land in front of the chained door standing alone in the dark hall below, Vortex right behind him. The deep blue dragon's magic retracts, their scales becoming visible once again. A spit of pale green acid from Vortex has the chains fizzing and dropping to the sides as the links are broken.

The singing from within stops as the chains clink loudly, a voice heard from inside.

"Ooo, visitors! I haven't had visitors in a dreadfully long time. Do others even exist anymore? I don't know. They must, or this is all just a hopeless illusion, isn't it Luci? Living happily on earth..."

An angered growl is heard, the two dragons sharing a look before Jinx opens the door. The room within is quiet, orange light of the setting sun casting long shadows over it. It's the devil's penthouse, three figures seen within. Lucifer and a brunette lie next to each other on the bed, both smiling and both naked.

The dragon king, in his human form, is kneeling a short ways away, arms wretched above his head and behind his back, held there by a pair of tight shackles. Chains attached to the shackles end hanging in the air, held up by an unseen force. Fury dances in the king's eyes as he's forced to watch the scene before him, his hair a mess and robes dirty.

As the door opens, the draxon's gaze turns to the opening, his head tilting as a small laugh passes his lips. "Oh look, dragons. Didn't I tell you to stay in the realm? Yes, I did. So why are they here? I don't know. Naughty creatures they are."

*We're getting you out, Nyxeus,* Jinx hisses.

A sharp laugh passes the king's lips. "Funny. Your memories tell me you helped put me here in the first place. Very interesting. Naughty, traitorous creature. But yes, get me out. I have a rather long list of demons to brutally murder. Oh, and a devil to visit. This horrible illusion isn't very fun. Do you think he still remembers me? I can always make him remember..."

*Nyxeus,* Jinx says.

"You have no place to scold me," Nyx snaps as Vortex's acid eats through the shackles. "You are going to be working very hard, Jinx, I don't tend to forget betrayals easily."