Interlude: If You Take the Draxon Camping

Since I'm kinda bored, here's a little oneshot I wanted to write but couldn't fit into the storyline. I have no idea what campgrounds are around LA so just imagine.

"Right, remind me how you convinced me to come along on this torture?"

"Lucifer, one weekend camping is not torture."

"I beg to differ, Detective. Now come on, I'm not going to remind myself."

Chloe sighs heavily, "Because Trixie invited you and Nyx, and you didn't want to disappoint your eager and excited soulmate."

"And why does Detective Douche need to come along?"

"It's an annual tradition we have and we've managed to uphold it even after our divorce. It'll be fun, Lucifer, a weekend to get away from all the grisly murders and just relax."

Lucifer scoffs, "You obviously haven't been around Nyxeus when he's excited. He'll get himself into some kind of trouble at least three times a day. He's like a kid. He's worse than your offspring, I'll guarantee you that."

Chloe rolls her eyes. "Have you ever been camping?"

"Of course not. I'm not the camping, woodsy kind of devil."

"Yeah, I should've known that."

Lucifer gives the woman an amused smile. "Well, sleeping in a tent has never quite fit my image of enjoyable, so I never bothered."

"You've never slept outside in the Dragonlands or anything?"

The devil falls silent, memories from centuries before appearing at the front of his mind.

*Look, Samael, a shooting star!*

*The constellation Moon's Breath is there. See, follow from there, to that star there, and that one, and then over there.*

*Luci, do you think we could fly to the stars?*

"Nyxeus, it's beautiful."

*Just like you, my love.*

Chloe smiles, glancing over to the devil who's now lost in his head.

"I'll take that as a yes," she whispers.

"Nyx, head in the car."

"But the wind feels good!"

"Just wait until you get a bug in your mouth or a tree branch to the face."

Nyx pouts, pulling his head back inside the car and putting the window back up.

Dan rolls his eyes at his overexcited friend as he turns into the campground. "Here we are."

The man pulls into the main office parking lot, parking the car. "Stay here. I'll be back in a few minutes. Got it?"

Nyx nods, "Yes sir!"

As soon as Dan gets out of the car, Nyx's excitement bursts out.

"Wow, look at this place!" he says, head swiveling all around, "So many people... They're here to relax too, right? Is the beach fun? What about hikes, I've never been on a hike, usually I just fly everywhere."

"Fly?" Trixie asks from the back seat, confused. "Like on a plane?"

"Oh, yes," Nyx replies, quick to try and cover his slip up. "Do you always come to this campground or do you go to different ones?"

"Sometimes different ones, but we come to this one most often. The main beach is along this really really big lake and there are some really fun hiking trails."