1. Escape

"Close your eyes,
And count to seven.
When you wake, you'll be in heaven.
But if you live just like me,
When you open your eyes you'll see,
A place you know oh so well,
Deep within the depths of hell.
Close your eyes,
And count to seven.
You will never wake in heaven."

In the darkest cell, deep within the heart of hell, a soft, eerie singing rises from the ashes. Demons ignore it, used to the sound of the draxon's voice echoing through the realm. They'd tried everything they could to shut him up, but eventually they just had to accept that the king of dragons will never stop singing.

It's one of the only things he has left.

In the darkness, a pair of glowing orange eyes open. Lips curve into a crazed grin. "An opening... At last..."

The weakened draxon pulls at the chain trapping him in his hell, where he's been forced to watch Lucifer live his life without him. He manages to slip his hands out of the shackles around his wrists, breaking and dislocating any bones necessary.

Nyxeus isn't like Lucifer, invulnerable. He can be injured, but he can heal any wound in seconds. In his weakened state, it may take longer to heal his hands, but it is managed.

Rubbing at his wrists, Nyxeus walks towards the door. Summoning what little power he can muster, he blasts the lock, rendering it useless and causing the door to open. Slipping his tall frame through the chains hanging on the other side of the doorway, Nyxeus smirks to himself.

"Finally free," he whispers. "And there's so much to do. Visit home, visit Luci, hunt down a group of demons and finally get revenge. Yes, I think this will be fun."