10. First Time for Everything

Screams echo through the palace followed by crazed laughter.

*Do you regret it now?!* Nyx says loudly. *Do you regret betraying me for a piece of scum like this?!*

Jinx whimpers, managing a weak nod. *I... I'm sorry, my King. Please, I...*

*You what?* Nyx hisses.

*My King... please, my memories.*

Nyx's eyes narrow, but he decides to humor the dragon and look into his mind, purposely tearing down mental walls and making it excruciatingly painful.

He sees the moment from centuries ago when the golden dragon helped the demons come up with the plan to frame Nyx. He sees the moment only days after when the dragon realized what he was doing, planning to imprison his beloved King, when it was too late to stop the plan. The years the dragon spent trying to decide what to do, wallowing in guilt and shame. The moment of excitement and nervousness when he discovered Nyx was free. And the decision to do everything he could to help destroy the demons.

*Please,* Jinx whispers. *I'm so sorry, my King... I don't know what ever made me decide to go along with them.*

*Incredibly foolish,* Nyx muses. *Stupid. Yet cunning. Yes, it seems like something the younger you would have done.*

*Nyx, please. I promise, I will never do something like it again.*

Nyx hums, studying the tortured dragon. *I won't kill you. However, I'll be watching you closely and you're going to be doing a lot of work after these demons are all caught. Got it?*

Jinx nods, knowing he deserves it.

*Come on,* Nyx says, using his magic to heal the dragon only enough for him to walk without collapsing. *Let's go see how Luci's doing.*

*You left him with Andro?*

*Oh but of course,* Nyx replies. *He may be retired, but he is still the devil and a punisher of evil. And such a beauty too.*

*I didn't ask about your love life,* Jinx says.

Nyx only smirks, pushing open the door to the next room of the dungeon where they're met with the scent of blood.

*Luci,* Nyx sings, tail swishing back and forth.

"Nyxeus," Lucifer replies, raising an eyebrow as he sees Jinx limping in behind the draxon. "What is he doing still alive?"

*Hmm, new information,* Nyx says. *So this traitorous dear gets to live... For now.*

"Oh it feels so weird to be back here," Nyx says spinning around in the penthouse.

"Are you going to do this every time?" Jinx asks.

"Dear, Earth is such an unexplored place for me, let me have my fun."

"Nothing is missing," Lucifer says, appearing next to Nyx. "Though it's clear they searched. I'm surprised they didn't confiscate anything from my collection of sex t—"

"Don't need to hear it," Jinx interrupts.

"Though, I've been wanting to try some of those on you, Luci," Nyx muses, causing the devil's eyes to widen, a quiet moan escaping his lips.

Jinx wrinkles his nose. "Alright, come on lovebirds. If I barf, it'll be all over you."

"Fine," Nyx says. "Now, I heard those last two demons are trying to lead us on a wild-goose chase and have returned to LA."