47. Fears

"Nyxeus."

"Luci?"

"What are you doing?"

The draxon looks over to where the devil stands with Jinx and God. The others have stayed in the Dragonlands. Chloe, Dan and Ella to avoid the chance they be seen and then need to explain why they disappear again soon after, and the rest of the dragons because only Jinx and Nyx can take a human form. Lucifer would have stayed behind for the same reason as the three humans, but Nyx refuses to let the devil leave his side should La'rayel really go after him.

"What?" Nyx says, seeing the trio of stern, scolding expressions gazing at him and his bloodied hands. "She was after what's mine."

Jinx raises a brow, "So you killed her?"

Nyx's brows furrow as if it were a perfectly normal action to take. "Yes. She was thinking lewd things about my devil and was about to approach him, so what do you expect me to do?"

"Could not have glared at her or something?"

"I tried. She didn't take the hint."

"So you killed her. Completely decapitated her."

"Yes. What part of this are you not understanding?"

Nyx's magic vanishes the blood on his hands, the headless corpse on the ground next to him, and the head belonging to said corpse which has rolled a short way down the alley the group stands in.

Jinx rolls his eyes, "Why must you always jump right to the extremes?"

"Because I like to let people know that this," Nyx grabs Lucifer, pulling the devil flush against him and wrapping his arms around Lucifer's waist, "This is mine. All of this is all mine and I don't share."

"I think we understand that part, love," Lucifer says, one hand against Nyx's chest, the other arm around the draxon's neck.

"Good. Now let's go."

Nyx picks up the devil, Lucifer's legs automatically wrapping around the draxon's waist as the King starts walking back towards the entrance of the alley. Jinx and God follow and watch in amusement as the devil struggles in his lover's hold.

"Nyx, put me down!" Lucifer says indignantly.

"No."

"Nyxeus."

"Luci."

"Down. Now," Lucifer says sternly. The draxon whines a bit before letting the devil stand on his own, a pout on his lips. Lucifer smiles, kissing him softly, "Good boy."

Nyx purrs quietly, pulling Lucifer close for another kiss. The draxon's tongue runs along the seal of the devil's lips, that seal parting to allow entrance. Their tongues dance slowly as Lucifer's arms wrap around Nyx's neck and the draxon's arms snake around the devil's waist.

"Every time," Jinx grumbles, "Every time, they do this."

God smiles in amusement, "I think it's rather sweet. Not very productive, of course, but sweet."

Jinx rolls his eyes, "I'm leaving. Stay if you want, but I'm here for a demon hunt so I'm going demon hunting."

The celestial gives a nod, watching the dragon take off and disappear.

"How rude of him," Nyx muses, the two kings having drawn apart. "But not very surprising, I suppose. Though we would do better to split up..."

"I'm going with Jinx, then," Lucifer says, throwing an untrusting glance at the other celestial.