20. Murder, Marriage & a Little Bit of Fun

"Nyx, over here!" Dan calls, seeing the man walking up to the crime scene.

Looking towards the voice, the draxon brightens and makes his way over, glancing around the house as he does.

"Wow," he says, "Pretty nice place."

"Yeah," Dan agrees.

"Why are we on a homicide case? There are still a few unsolved ones we could work on."

"I'm the only detective available at the moment," Dan replies. "And I thought you, my partner, might want to join me."

Nyx nods, "Well, you thought right. What first?"

"The bodies are in the basement. Hope you have a strong stomach, they're practically mutilated."

"They?" Nyx asks, suppressing a smirk as Dan leads him towards the basement door.

"Yeah. A man and a woman, identified as Thompson McClain and Sasha Evans. Lead suspect, Sasha's husband Liam, is convinced he did it after getting blackout drunk last night."

"And the motive?"

"He found out she was cheating on him for eight of their ten years of marriage," Dan replies.

Nyx gives a fake wince, "Ouch. Why did they get married in the first place then?"

"Who knows?"

Nyx follows Dan down to the basement, the scent of blood still hanging in the stale air. Nyx takes a deep breath of it as he looks to the two corpses he left the previous night.

Sasha lay in Thompson's embrace. They could have merely been sleeping if it were for the blood and guts spilled on the floor and the fact there was hardly an uninjured patch of skin on them. Their bodies looked as though they had bathed in blood, clothes stained and hair full of it. Underneath the blood lay countless bruises and other wounds, all caused by Liam's fingers under the control of one mad King. Both died of blood loss and had been positioned before death had come.

Watching them try to whisper false comforting things to each other as they died had been incredibly amusing.

"Wow," Nyx whispers.

Dan nods, agreeing, "You said it."

"There's not much for us to do until it's proven the man Liam didn't do it, right?"

"As our lead suspect, yes," Dan replies. "But we can still look for clues."

"Clues?" Nyx asks, "What sort? If it was Liam, he would have access to the house so there wouldn't be any forced entry."

"True, but we can try to establish a story-line of what happened here. What time it happened, where it started, stuff like that."

Nyx nods, understanding. "The blood splatter on the stairs, that looks like they were thrown down them, right?"

"It does," Dan agrees, "So let's start upstairs and see what we can find."

"I'm sorry, you want to what?" Nyx hisses.

"Marry the lieutenant," Lucifer replies, Chloe and Pierce choosing to stay out of it as they watch the devil try to convince the draxon to let said devil go undercover. Seeing the angered look in Nyx's eyes, Lucifer continues, "Not for real, of course, and only for a few days so we can catch our killer."

"Why can't you do it with me?"

"You and I both know we'd spend more time having sex than actually working on the case," Lucifer says, causing Chloe to choke silently and turn red.