40. One Last Case

"Nyxeus, are you alright?"

*Maybe? I've been running on rage for the past two days and now that that rage is dealt with, I seem to be exhausted.*

Lucifer smiles softly, sitting on the couch next to his collapsed lover. "Why didn't you tell me before about the deaths the demons caused?"

*I didn't tell you?* the draxon frowns, *I thought I did and it was you who forgot...*

"No, Love, you never told me."

*Oh...*

"It's alright, Darling," Lucifer says, "What's not alright is the fact you're getting blood all over the couch."

Nyx looks down at himself, having forgotten his scales are still covered in scarlet. *Oh. Oopsie.*

"Just clean it up please, Love."

The draxon nods tiredly, his magic vanishing the blood on the leather couch and his scales.

Nyx yawns, *My power level is down after the magic I used earlier, so I can't do anything that's not my mind manipulation since that ability is independent from the rest of my power. Was barely able to vanish the blood.*

"Well, I doubt we'll need anything that requires magic for a while, so you can recharge. Rest, Love, you're tired and need sleep."

*But Luci...*

"Sleep, Nyxeus."

Nyx yawns again, his form shrinking enough to allow him to climb up Lucifer's torso and drape around his shoulders like a scarf, Lucifer's fingers gently petting the black scales. As the draxon's breathing evens out and Lucifer walks to the balcony, the elevator dings and Chloe, Dan and Ella step out.

"So, Charlie is back with Linda and Amenadiel," Chloe says as the three make their way over.

"What happened after we left?" Ella asks. "I'm guessing there was a lot of demon-ass-kicking, right?"

"There was," Lucifer says with a nod, "And all the dragons and demons, expect for Maze, are back where they're supposed to be."

Dan gestures to the sleeping dragon around the devil's neck, "Is that...?"

"Nyxeus, yes," Lucifer confirms. "He's exhausted and seems to have not wanted to be away from me, and when that happens, he does this. I can't imagine how it's comfortable, but he says it is."

"But, you know, it's over," Chloe says. "Isn't it? Is it over?"

Lucifer sighs softly, "I'd say yes, Detective, but I'd be lying and we all know I don't do that."

The conversation pauses as Nyx yawns and releases a puff of smoke. Lucifer gives a soft smile, lightly scratching the scales behind the draxon's horns, which results in a quiet purr.

"Oh my god, he's so adorable," Ella says, "Is that a dragon or a cat?"

"Sometimes I don't know myself, actually," Lucifer replies.

As the conversation continues, the draxon releases a few more puffs of smoke along with the occasional hiss.

"I need to keep them contained," Lucifer says, "They must have a king."

"No," Chloe whispers, "No, no..."

Silently, Dan and Ella step back further into the penthouse to let the two talk alone.

"He's not really going to leave, right?" Ella says.

Dan shrugs and shakes his head, "I don't think we have a choice."