8. Memories of Meeting

"You didn't have to do that," Nyx says as he lands in the entrance hall of his palace in the Dragonlands, setting Lucifer down but keeping his arms around the devil.

"I'm not going to hide our relationship," Lucifer replies, resting his head against Nyx's chest. "It may cause some problems, but I don't regret it. I love you, Nyx, I'm not ashamed of that."

"I love you too, Lucifer," Nyx whispers, pressing his forehead against the devil's. A moment later, Nyx pulls back. "Now, I wasn't lying when I said I made a promise to a friend. I visited Vortex earlier and promised his daughter I'd join her for a tea party today. Do you want to come along?"

"I'm alright staying here," Lucifer replies. "I'd like to look around, remember everything. I haven't been here since... you know."

Nyx smiles ruefully. "Well, I have wards up so no one but me or you can go anywhere but the entrance hall or the throne room unless I allow them to. I don't know how long tea parties take, but I'll be back as soon as I can be, alright love?"

Lucifer nods, giving the draxon a quick kiss. Nyx smiles before shifting into his dragon form and walking out of the room.

The devil looks around the room, a small smile coming to his lips as memories run through his mind. Walking through the hall of the palace, he finds himself in the throne room, the first place he ever saw Nyx.

Lucifer steps up the dais, fingers gently running over the dusty obsidian throne. The throne is cushioned, and built wide enough for his lover's dragon from, the form he spends most time in in this realm.

Sitting on the edge of the throne, Lucifer's eyes fall closed as he remembers how he met the draxon.

Samael looked around the realm, awed. There was nothing like this in Heaven. Why would his father have warned about exploring it?

Trees flourished all around, the sky was a brilliant blue and the air was incredibly fresh. The realm was beautiful and Samael couldn't understand why it was against his father's wishes to explore it.

Suddenly, the angel heard a deep growl and spun around in time to dodge an attack from behind him. The assailant turned to attack again, and Samael was shocked to see a golden, ruby-eyed dragon.

The dragon lunged again and Samael dodged. As he turned to face the dragon, he was suddenly pinned down by an invisible force. A deep blue dragon materialized above the angel, one talon pinning him down.

The two creatures seemed to communicate in a series of strange hissing noises, glancing at Samael every so often as if deciding what to do with him. Fear raced through the angel, mind running through possibilities of escape and what might happen to him should he fail.

The weight holding him down was lifted and seeing the dragons watching him, Samael stood slowly.

"Alright, Angel," the golden dragon hissed. "We're taking you to our King. He can decide what to do with you. Try to escape, and we'll send you back to your father in pieces."

The two dragons spread their wings. Taking the hint, Samael spread his as well, following the golden dragon through the air over the forest, the blue dragon behind him.

They came to the edge and Samael's mouth dropped open as he saw what lay ahead. A great pristine palace sat a fair distance from the edge of the forest. It looked to be made from a shining obsidian, shimmering in the sunlight. Multiple towers reached for the sky, and several balconies could be seen looking out over the realm.

Samael was led to land on the largest of these balconies, one at the central front of the palace. Wings disappearing again, Samael followed the golden dragon through the set of glass doors into what must've been the throne room.