7. Caught

"Luci?"

"What is it?"

"So, the last three demons have decided to split up. Two have gone up to Canada and I'm not sure where the last is."

"You want to go after the two?" Lucifer asks, looking at his lover.

"Well, not just yet," Nyx replies. "I'm thinking I'm going to let them think they're safe for a while before going after them. Jinx has decided to go off on his own to track down the last one. Last we saw, he was heading to Rome."

"Rome?" Lucifer repeats. As he goes to continue, his phone rings. Nyx tilts his head curiously as Lucifer answers. "Detective... Alright, I'll be there shortly."

"Another murder?" Nyx asks.

Lucifer nods. "It'll be a little suspicious if I don't show up. And since you're a dangerous serial killer, stay here or at least don't let yourself be seen."

Nyx pouts but nods and the two share a kiss before the devil heads to the elevator.

After the doors close, Nyx looks around. "Now, what can be done for entertainment here?"

"Anything, Ella?" Chloe asks.

"Well, the fingerprint we found doesn't match anyone in the database," the forensic scientist replies. "I'm working on getting more clues. Definitely a crime of passion, I mean, look at the bruises on this guy."

Ella spreads out some of the photos taken of the victim found in his home.

"Chloe," Dan says urgently, poking his head into the room. "They caught Draconian, he's in the interrogation room down the hall."

"Alright, thanks," Chloe says. "I'll talk to you later, Ella."

As Chloe heads towards the interrogation room, Lucifer falls into step beside her, having been sitting at Chloe's desk and entertaining himself.

"Detective, where're you off to?" the devil asks.

"To question Draconian," Chloe replies.

Lucifer tenses and freezes before hurriedly catching up with the detective. "They caught him? Do you know how?"

"No, but that doesn't matter."

"Of course it does," Lucifer replies. "Nyxeus is smart, he wouldn't be caught unless he allowed it."

"We can talk about this later, Lucifer," Chloe says, stopping outside the room. "Right now, there's a serial killer waiting to be questioned on his motives. So just... let me do the talking, alright?"

"No promises," Lucifer replies, wondering to himself what happened to lead to Nyx getting caught.

Chloe sighs and enters the room, Lucifer behind her. Nyx sits in one of the chairs, handcuffed to the table and humming to himself, looking around curiously like a child in a new and interesting environment.

"Oh, hi Luci," Nyx says with a bright smile as the two come in.

"What are you doing here?" Lucifer asks sternly.

"Being questioned, I assume," Nyx replies, looking to Chloe for confirmation. "But if you mean how did I get here, well, I decided to go for a walk and apparently that's illegal. Some of your coworkers saw me and it seemed like they wanted to play tag. So I run and they cheat."

Nyx moves his leg, showing the devil a bloody patch at his calf. As Lucifer scowls, Nyx gives him a smile, no hint of sheepishness whatsoever. Lucifer rolls his eyes, deciding to punish the draxon later when it's just the two of them.