Basilisk

"Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know" Harry said while he and Ron ran to his office.

They opened Lockharts office door and there he was packing his stuff.

"Professor! We have some information for you!" They looked around and saw the office messy. "Are you going somewhere?" Harry asked.

"I-I well yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go"

"What about my sister?"

"Well uhm... As to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I"

"You're Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. You can't go now" Ron said irritated.

"Well I must say when I took the job, there was nothing in the description-"

"You're running away? After all you did in your books?" Harry snapped.

"Books can be misleading"

"You wrote them"

"My dear boy, use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold as well if people didn't think I'd done those things"

"You're a fraud. You've just been taking credit for what other wizards have done"

"Is there anything you can do?" Ron asked.

"Yes, now you mention it. I'm rather gifted with memory charms. Otherwise all those wizards would have gone blabbing. I'd never have sold another book. In fact I'm going to have to do the same to you"

Lockhart took his wand from a suitcase and turned to the boys who directed their wands to Lockhart.

"Don't even think about it" Harry motioned him to drop his wand which he did.

They took Lockhart and went towards the old girl's bathroom. On the way there they met Bree walking in her way back to the common room until the boys kind of convinced her that they would die in the Chamber without her help and once again she agrees with helping them.

When they walked in to the bathroom they were met by Myrtle sounding miserable. When she noticed them. She turned around and smiled.

"Oh. Hello Harry"

Bree roller her eyes backning herself towards the exit but Ron dragged her back and put her in her place so she couldn't escape.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"To ask you how you died" Harry answered slowly.

"Ohhh. It was dreadful. It happened right here in this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing be about my glasses. I was crying and then I heard somebody come in"

"Who was is Myrtle?"

"I don't know. I was distraught! But they said something funny, about a kind of made up language and I realized it was a boy so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away and... I died"

"Just like that? How?"

"I just remember seeing a pair of great, big, yellow eyes. Over there by that sink"

She pointed at the sink.

"Well. I think we at least found the Chamber's entrance"

"Why didn't you tell us about the basilisk?"

"You think I could tell you without actually knowing it was an actual Basilisk? I didn't tell because I wasn't sure if it was a Basilisk or not. Plus I knew telling you would mean trouble. Which is actually cool! I mean! Imagine meeting a big bad basilisk and-"