Betrayal

"He looks a bit peaky doesn't he?" Ron said looking down at the twins.

"Peaky? What do you expect, he fell over 100 feet" Fred said to Ron.

"Come on Ron. Let's walk you off the Astronomy tower" George also said to Ron.

"And see what you look like"

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does" Harry said in low voice which made everyone chuckle when Harry sat up in the Hospital bed.

"How are you feeling" Bree asked concerned to her brother.

"Oh, brilliant. But when did you wake up?"

"Uh. A while ago?" She said uncertain.

"You gave us a right good scare you too mate" George said and sat down next to Harry's bed.

"What happened?"

"Well, you and Bree fell of your broomsticks"

"Really? I meant the match. Who won?"

"I swear, he cares more about quidditch than me" Bree whispered to Angelina beside her who chuckled.

Hermione looked hesitant and stood up from his bed slowly. "Uhm, no one blames you Harry. Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore's furious. After he saved you and Bree he sent them off"

Ron stepped forward with a blanket which was wrapped around something. "There's something else you should know too. Both of you" He said also looking at Bree who looked confused.

"Well your broomstick Bree, ehm the lightning broke it before you fell down. And Harry. When you fell your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow and.. well" Ron continued and showed their broken brooms.

Harry looked quite sad about his broom. He felt like the broom always kind of supported him when he played quidditch and now it was broken.

Bree didn't look as sad as he did. Of course she was a bit disappointed that hers broke.

The team felt a bit guilty even though they didn't do anything wrong but they couldn't help but feel guilty because the twin's broomsticks were broken, and they played pretty good with them.

****

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomsticks. Is there no chance to fix it?" Professor Lupin said while walking with the twins in the forest.

"No" Sighed Bree.

"Professor, why do the dementors affect us so?"

"More than everyone else"

"Listen. Dementors are the foulest creatures to walk on this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences. You are not weak Harry and Bree. Dementors affect you most because there are true horrors in your pasts. Horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of"

"I'm scared Professor"

"I'd consider you a fool if you weren't, Harry"

"We need to know how to fight them. You could teach me and Harry. You made that one in the train go away"

"There was only one that night"

"But you made it go away"

"I don't pretend to be an expert. But as the dementors seem to have developed interests in you two, perhaps I should teach you. But after the holidays. For now I need to rest"

****

"Last call for Hogsmeade! Come on now!"

Harry watched the other students to walk away from school. The winter was approaching were fast so the school grounds was covered in white and looked beautiful.