The Second task

"Harry, you told me you'd figure the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now" Hermione scolded Harry while the two of them stood at a Bride connected to the school gazing out.

"Really? I had no idea. I suppose Viktor's already figured it out"

"Wouldn't know. We don't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we don't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being"

The both of them laughed at that.

"I'm just saying he's not particularly loquacious. Mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually"

They looked out a few moments.

"You're trying to figure this egg out aren't you?" Hermione asked and his smile went away.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I just mean these tasks are designed to test you, in the most brutal way. They're almost cruel. And.."

Harry looked away from her and she went over to the other side but he just looked away from her again.

"I'm scared for you. You got by the dragons mostly on nerve. I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time"

"Hey, Potter!" Someone called.

Harry sighed irritated and walked away. Hermione sighed sadly and walked away at the other direction.

"Potter!"

"Cedric"

He came running after him and he stopped walking and Cedric stopped infront of him.

"How.. how are you?"

He frowned. "Spectacular"

"Look, I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons"

"Forget it. I'm sure you would've done the same for me" he said and turned around to walk away but Cedric stopped him.

"Exactly. You know the Prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor?"

He nodded.

"It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and... mull things over in the hot water" he said and walked away.

Harry frowned and slowly turned around and walked away to get his egg. And when he got it, he went up to the Prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor and put on the water.

He took off his clothes and went into the bath.

He looked at the golden egg a bit. "I must be out of my mind"

He opened the egg and it let out the same terrible scream as the first time and he shut it.

"I'm definitely out of my mind"

A giggle sound was heard from behind him and he turned around and saw Moaning Myrtle in a toilet.

"I'd try putting it in the water if I were you"

"Myrtle!"

"Hello Harry" she said dreamily. "Long time, no see"

She stretched her head up trying to look under the bubbles and Harry collected some bubbles infront of him and Myrtle giggled.

She flew out of the toilet and above the pool.

"I was circling a blocked drain the other day and I could swear I saw a bit of Polyjuice potion" she said and flew over next to the paint mermaid at the window. "Not being a bad boy again are you Harry?"