The only thing that matters

S* Palermo looked at us confused.

S: "What do you mean?"

S* I raised my eyebrows innocently.

Palermo: "You can't be serious."

S* He furiously exhaled.

R: "What did he do?"

R* I smiled at him. I knew what was going on, I knew why he was so confused, but I still decided to play this little game.

Palermo: "He isn't Salva!"

S* Palermo shook his head, trying to make Raquel understand.

R: "Martín, I know that for a long time."

R* I giggled.

Palermo: "What?"

S* He looked at us, not understanding anything at all.

S: "She remembered."

S* Tears appeared in my eyes again as I remembered the whole yesterday evening.

Palermo: "You remembered?"

R* He questioned towards me and I slowly nodded.

Palermo: "Everything?"

R* He smiled happily.

R: "Everything."

R* I assured him, smiling widely.

Palermo: "Oh my God, we need to celebrate."

S* He said and we both chuckled. Since then, everything was starting to get back to normal. Soon enough, I was released from the hospital and I rented us a small house nearby the hospital. Raquel still needed to go on some regular checkups, so we couldn't really continue in our way.

After a few weeks of staying in Hawaii, the gang left to live in the Caribbean. It was only me, Raquel, Paula and Mariví staying. Andrés went with the gang. Hawaii was beautiful and we enjoyed our time there, but we still waited for the time when the doctor will allow Raquel to travel to our final destination.

R: "It's just a regular check-up, you don't have to worry."

S* Raquel smiled calmly as we walked into the hospital. This was supposed to be our last session before leaving, and I simply couldn't shake off the feeling, that something will go wrong.

S: "But I'm still worried..."

R* He sighed and I shook my head.

R: "I assure you, that I feel perfectly fine."

S* She said as we walked into the hallway. We sat down on the chairs, waiting for the nurse to call us.

Nurse: "Mr. and Mrs. Marquina!"

S* She called us and I helped Raquel to get up from her seat. Her baby bump started to grow bigger and standing up was becoming harder and harder. Even though, she didn't seem really happy about growing this much, I was. I loved to see that our baby is healthy and that it's growing as it should.

R* We walked into the doctor's office and the doctor told me to sit on the bed. He asked us a few regular questions and then prepared the machine for the ultrasound. Sergio was holding my hand tight the whole time. He was so scared that something can go wrong.

Doctor: "So, let's see." The doctor turned the ultrasound on but immediately went silent.

R: "What's wrong?"

R* I asked a little bit unsurely.

Doctor: "Well..."

S* He took a deep breath. I didn't like that silence at all.

Doctor: "Everything seems to be fine."

S* He smiled and the both of us exhaled in relief. I looked at Raquel and we smiled. She nodded in agreement and I began.

S: "I think we are ready to know the gender if it's possible."

S* I looked at the doctor and he smiled.

Doctor: "Of course, let's see if we will see something."

R* He looked closely at the monitor.

Doctor: "Oh yes, I can see it here."

S* He smiled kindly.

Doctor: "Are you ready to know?"

R* He raised his eyebrows. I looked at Sergio and we both nodded in agreement.

Doctor: "Alright then. Congratulations, you're having a boy."

S* He smiled and the tears started rolling down my cheeks, we were going to have a boy. I looked at Raquel who was crying as well.

Doctor: "I will let you have some privacy."

R* He left us in the room alone. I was looking into Sergio's eyes. I was so happy, I didn't care if it was a boy or a girl, I was just happy that our baby was healthy and alright.

S: "I love you so much."

S* I smiled through the tears which I was unable to stop. I moved closer to Raquel and kissed her deeply.

R: "I love you, too."

S* She sobbed.

R: "Can you imagine little Sergio running around the house?"

S* She smiled and I chuckled.

S: "I'm sure it will be a boy version of you."

S* She chuckled as well.

R: "We will have to wait and see."

S* She winked at me and I felt butterflies in my stomach. This woman is doing incredible things with my whole body.

S: "Just three more months to go..."

S* I sighed happily, I just wanted to meet our baby already.

R: "Juts three more months to go..."

R* I repeated after Sergio.

S* After the appointment, where the doctor thankfully allowed Raquel to finally travel. We packed our stuff and got ready to reach our final destination.

S: "Are you sure you're ready?"

R* He asked me once more still worried.

R: "Never been more."

R* I answered with a smile on my face.

S: "You know you're the only thing that matters, right?"

S* I rubbed her hair as we sat in the car.

R: "I know..."

S* She answered with a wide smile.

R: "Let's just finally go."

S* She encouraged us, so we did. Our whole family stepped on the ship, hopefully finally ready to go to our new home. Paula was so excited to see our new house, so were Mariví and Raquel. I only hoped that everything will be fine from now. I just hoped that we will finally find some peace and we will finally be able to enjoy our lives.

The past few months were like a roller coaster and all we wanted was to settle down and enjoy our calm life.

*Next part will be out soon*
*Thank you for reading my story ❤️*
*You can support me on my Instagram @_lcdp.fans_ *
*Love you guys ❤️*